TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okraptor01

Reaction score
I'm not sure you will be able to find someone to "disable" the light. In 2008 I believe is when they said every vehicle sold on he U.S. had to have a tire pressure monitoring system of some kind. Just like air bags in 95 or 96 and back up cameras coming in every vehicle in 2017. It's considered a safety item

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am taking the truck to a local shop tomorrow to have the factory sensors put back in. I sure hope this works. I never imagined this would be such an issues. What blows my mind is that the sensors are synced up with the truck and the pressure is set to what it should be factory and it still says low tire. I am just so confused. So does anyone know of a tune shop that can turn the system off completely?

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I have tried that. Both letting the air out and with the tool. It says learning complete. But light still on.

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn sorry to hear that. I know this small things are annoying when they won't go away. Hope you get it fixed tomorrow.

okraptor01

Reaction score
Keep us updated. Curious what they do to fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the original factory sensors put back in today and it worked. No more light. Weird thing is the sensors that were in my new wheels that I had ordered were Ford factory sensors. So I'm not sure what was up with them. But something was goofy. Bottom line is just keep your original sensors when you get new wheels and tires. I'm sure glad I got this figured it. Wish I had just kept the original sensors to begin with. Thanks again for everyone's help and feedback. I really appreciate it.