2013 Roush Raptor will crank but not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
audell

audell

Reaction score
Tank is half full, the dealer was able to obtain a code to flash this new pcm with the Roush tune however the truck has to be able to start to do that, or so they tell me... They can't get it to start and are having the same issues as before. I'm about to need a loaner car because that's my daily driver and I have to make a trip to Atlanta to fly out this week so I'm a bit frustrated/worried about it.

I'll message crystal but the dealer has been pretty good about communicating with me and getting things done in a timely manner... But now that they are back to not knowing the issue who knows... Going on day 7 without my truck.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While there are post about fuse 27 and there are some that stated while the fuse was good the wiring underneath panel in the fuse box were burnt/melted off.
Have them check that as well.
When you just turn the ignition switch to the on position the PCM runs over 50 checks before it even allows the starter to crank.
So there is info/values of sensors for them check and report back to the Ford engineers.

Well, I hope they can figure it out and probably will once they start a escalated case number with Ford engineers.
And I totally understand about giving the dealer a chance, I do it as well. Especially when your limited to dealers you can go to.
Having said that I even switched dealers because the Tech I trust and know he knows his stuff moves on to another dealer.
I have followed him to two different dealers already, LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
audell

audell

Reaction score
Was thinking that as well, I told them to check #27 in case they saw something that I didn't while I was checking it out. Apparently the service tech has been attempting to contact roush this morning because the wiring is causing issues for fuel pump? Can't remember exactly what he said. It would make sense if the fuse box had some melted wires on the bottom causing the issues.

I'm thinking it's got to be something simple that's been overlooked because the truck ran fine not even 5 hours before that when I was returning from the Atlanta Airport.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, the posts I'm talking about said you can see water got inside the fuse box and just corroded everything.
And yes it could as simple as the fuel rail pressure sensor is stuck/sending wrong signals. Who knows.

If I find it I'll let you know.

I understand he's calling Roush but in all honesty they should be calling the Ford Service Tech hotline they have experience with this issue not Roush.
This is not a Roush issue since plenty of stock F150s have gone through the same issue.
Also this is not Drivetrain related it's electrical this should fall under your Ford warranty, you may what to point that out to the service manager.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
audell

audell

Reaction score
He didn't specifically mention Roush this morning so I could be mistaken about who he was calling, they said they were waiting for a phone call to be returned about it. I'll double check on the process here again soon. I did get a decent look at the inside of the fuse box, however I couldn't see any corrosion or anything that looked out of the ordinary.

And so far it has fallen under my ford warranty, only thing they were unsure about covering was the roush tune for the new PCM when it came in

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Note: Seek out Crystal http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordservice/ and let get you started with the Regional Service Manager.
Trust me once they get a call from them, people at the dealer will start asking questions.

Thanks for recommending me, MTF! I appreciate it. :)

...I'll message crystal but the dealer has been pretty good about communicating with me and getting things done in a timely manner... But now that they are back to not knowing the issue who knows... Going on day 7 without my truck.

I got your PM this morning, audell; I'll start working on getting this turned around for you.

Crystal

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
audell, when you get a chance speak to the service manager and explain that your on a highly active Ford Raptor Forum with over 20,000 members.
And Ford Motor Co. monitors this forum.
So it's not that you filed a complaint, it's just that Ford Costumer Services keeps on top of any issues that arise with Raptors.
You get what I'm trying to tell you, right! You know some will take it the wrong way.
Especially since you like this dealership.

Last edited: