LED bulbs for halogen replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE......
This thread is now Stock halogen vs LEDs vs ANZOs comparison;
Anyone tried new LED lamps in place of stock halogens? . i have already tried replacing the stock bulb with a sylvania upgraded lamp with no noticeable improvement. . not to crazy about the $500 - $1200 prices for swapping to HIDs the LED H13 bulb seam to be in the $100 price range Any tips?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes they work. depending on the year of your truck. if there is a cover over the bulb like in the 10-12 trucks then it might not be a good idea. i know if its a full cover then it blocks a lot of light we have cut the cover partway to allow more light through. i noticed the led bulbs were dimmer than the bulbs, but i havent done enough light swaps to fully say wether it will work or not.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Subscribing, I'm curious to see how well they work.

I just installed a H9 3000K, 3200 lumen LED in my high beam on the busa. I wired my high/low to operate independently so this LED high beam is my daytime running light. I'm still running 4300K 55w HID in my low beam. I was hoping I could judge the light output between the 2, but couldn't other than against the wall in my shop. They were pretty close to being on par with each other though.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a LED conversion in my 11 SCREW.
They are about 4 times brighter than stock. Illumination and color are great but I imagine I will be pulled over for them being too bright.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see these have "Fluxbeam" technology... do you know if the flux capacitors are built in, or do they get mounted in the bed somewhere?

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I see these have "Fluxbeam" technology... do you know if the flux capacitors are built in, or do they get mounted in the bed somewhere?

They're hidden and are safe for offroading, they're mounted on the inside the plate. You have to remove it to access them.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have LED bumper fog lights and light cannons. The only issue I have with the LED's is that they do not produce any real heat. In the winter both the cannons and fog lamps ice/snow over in just a few minutes where the others do not.

OP
OP
BIGt0007

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried the LEDs and car stereo co called it....
The black covers inside the housings block the low beam light.
The high beam LEDs work great but the lows have huge dark spots.
They are brighter

image-1565686466.jpg

I wish I could drop a grand on retrofits
I decided to try Anzos and get upgraded H1 and H7 lamps cuz all reports say Anzos come with junk bulbs.

fruth04

Reaction score
I put LED replacements in my polaris Rzr, game changer. Definitely curious how they are in factory headlights. I may have to do this.