6.2 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the sneaking suspicion somebody is having fun with you guys...

if these are real Q's then I would recommend putting down the wrench.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try getting in touch with Patton Racing Engines Inc. on Facebook.

They ALWAYS have some pretty sick Ford engines up for sale on there and they specialize in offroad.

OP
OP

73f250

Reaction score
Have you seen this:
IMG_0639.jpg

Thread here:
600 HP N/A Carburated Ford 6.2 SOHC Foxbody Notch Build - High 9's Or Bust!!

This would be amazing in the 73 ford. I'd love to have a 6.2 in an 1969 F100. Best looking truck ever made IMO. Keep us posted.
Yea I see that foxbody best build I've ever seen! He had a 6.2 motor for sale for 7 grand though.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

If you go turbo, a 6 rib belt is the least of your worries.
What kind of problems would I run into if I go turbo?

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this engine is capable of N/A while retaining the fuel injection? I read some where that Livernois can get close to 600 crank hp out of their 6.6L stroker plus with head work and cams. Superchargers are great, but I think a really nasty N/A motor would be a lot cooler...and a lot more $$$$

never_summer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can probably squeeze out over 600hp with a high compression stroker motor. But then youre gonna be running race gas or sucking down e85 like a top fuel dragster haha. You are definitely going to spend some $$$

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What kind of problems would I run into if I go turbo?

If you offroad, there are multiple problems that have been witnessed by people who have tried to create a twin turbo system. I seem to remember a transmission or fuel line coming loose offroading and starting a small fire that was quickly put out. Then comes the question of where do you mount everything and how. Mounting things off the engine probably isn't a good long term solution with how hard these trucks are run offroad. Then, on top of all of that, you have the tuning issue. From what I remember from the Twin Turbo thread that was on FRF (I don't know if it was deleted or not, I didn't search), trying to get the tune dialed in and perfect was a gigantic pain in the ass. Then you have the massive amount of heat the turbos will put off and how you will get rid of that heat so you don't melt things under the hood. And then on top of all of that you have the potential 6 rib belt problem.

Anything is possible with money, but sometimes it's just easier to go with a tried and true Whipple/Roush blower.

OP
OP

73f250

Reaction score
I want to swap a ford 6.2 into my 1973 f250 but I don't know what I need. I know gonna need the motor, trans, and computer but is that all I'm gonna need? Please excuse the dumb question

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd do something easier like an LS swap or a coyote.

The 6.2 is great and mine is currently being supercharged. But it's an expensive motor and modifying it is even more expensive due to the relatively small market.

Plus not everyone can tune for it.

More trouble than it's worth if your truck didn't come with one, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free