Roush upgrade in stages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in upgrading my 2014 to a Roush, but it's a bit expensive to do all at once. So I was wondering how I might do it in stages.

For example, add the CAI first, perhaps the exhaust next, etc.

I would appreciate an approach on how I could eventually have a Roush system. What should I start on first, (the decals?).

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you didn't order it from and have it built by Roush I don't think it would be considered a "real" Roush truck anyway.

I'd just build it the way you want it.

Desert Storm

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do would be take it off in chunks but a little bit more than you are planning. So maybe go for a CAI, Exhaust, and Tuner at first as those are very common and easy modifications with awesome results. Then add a supercharger if you are planning, perhaps a whipple instead of a roush and maybe get a little more capability. Finally add bumpers, lights, and custom decals if you choose. Do it any way you like, but this seems like a trend from some of the guys on here especially the CAI, Exhaust, and Tune. Roush is great but doing your own things might give you a little more performance and more bang for your buck over the roush gear. Good luck to ya.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best bang for the buck..... get the basic kit from Roush, it comes with the tuner and the CAI, then do the exhaust later. That way you don't pay for 2 tunes

OP
OP
Skyfrog

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent advice.

I realize it wouldn't be a true Roush, (and I was joking about the decals). I'm just trying to group the installation into stages if that make sense. If there is a cost benefit to install the basic kit, I think that might be the best choice.

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ones that where ordered through roush get serialized, adding the roush package later will not be serialized

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make it a SkyFrog Edition!!! Do your research and mod that truck to your needs. You'll have a lot more fun doing it, and have someone make some custom decals with your build name.

Canned tunes and buying other people's idea of cool stuff is old news........

ColeHaltom

Reaction score
i have 107k miles on my Raptor and i really want to do the roush supercharger kit or the whipple supercharger, given the truck has 107k miles on it im very skeptical about, ive not had any problems out of the motor or transmission. what do yall think? supercharger or no supercharger.