ROC and the car stereo company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

If you are looking for dirt from MV to Moab we only hit dirt over the Moki Dugway pass.

Starting at The View Hotel in Monument Valley we took the US-163 North towards Mexican Hat. About 13 miles in to Utah you will find the famous Forrest Gump scene where he stops running...

We went to Goosenecks State Park so we took UT-261 North which will take you over the Moki Dugway pass (really cool dirt road) up towards UT-95 near Natural Bridges Monument.

If you don't care about Goosenecks stay on US-163 and continue about 12 miles past Mexican Hat and take the Valley of the Gods dirt road which will lead you back to UT-261 at the base of Moki Dugway.

Once on UT-95 (before or after Natural Bridges you head east to US-191 which will lead you North up to Moab.

Total drive is about 205 miles from start to finish. Stop at the Patio Drive In in Blanding, UT for lunch... great burgers and shakes!

I have a Utah State Park pass that is good until April, 2016. You can have it if you want. Plus I have these books...

Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 2nd Edition

Guide To Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (2nd Edition)

Attachments

• Moab.jpg
    Moab.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been looking over the maps and I'm pretty sure I can get from Moab to valley of the gods with only a minimal amount of blacktop. @m3dragon, how do I make a trail? I can only access Google maps at work and my Google earth keeps crashing on my MacBook.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been looking over the maps and I'm pretty sure I can get from Moab to valley of the gods with only a minimal amount of blacktop. @m3dragon, how do I make a trail? I can only access Google maps at work and my Google earth keeps crashing on my MacBook.

Try updating chrome. If that does not work uninstall earth and install Google Earth PRO. Its free now. See article how

I use pro earth only now as it is the fastest way to map trails I have found.

U will also need GPS babble to convert from earth to GPS file for us to use.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to order a couple hard copy maps that say they have forest roads on them. If anything I'll just piece it together on google maps.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can shoot me some area an I can map it fast. Noah gave me a area and I mapped if for him with trails I could see. Or we can chat off line and figure something out so your not driving down a lot of dead ends