What's the Best way to break in a new Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tevelli

Reaction score
Engine Break-in for 2014?

Is it still a thing to engine break-in a Raptor at 2014 model? And is it safe to jack up and store for a month while am abroad and mileage still under 1000.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine break in according to manual is drive it like normal for the truck to learn your driving. No real break in period. I wouldn't redline until at least 100-200 miles on it.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove it easy the first 500 miles with lots of mixed driving and did my first oil change right at 1000 miles. You might want to think about adding an oil separator because I'm surprised how much mine has collected even being N/A.

Mark

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my initial 500 miles I just made sure I didn't use cruise control and was always fluctuating the RPM gauge. Done that with most every car I got new and have had no problems since. Always put fresh oil in at 1000 miles as well, as I do not know how long the truck sat or any other reason.

May or may not be proven but it's just a process I'm used to