SVC Bypass Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. This might be a dumb question but here it goes.

I have Deaver springs and stock shocks. Recently I had my stock shocks out and was expecting the deavers to droop way down but they did not. I actually had to push down on the springs to remove my shocks. My question is how dose the bypass rack gain so much down travel if the springs don't droop out any further? Do the shocks push down the springs? And also with this kit do you need to relocate/ lengthen the rear brake lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. This might be a dumb question but here it goes.

I have Deaver springs and stock shocks. Recently I had my stock shocks out and was expecting the deavers to droop way down but they did not. I actually had to push down on the springs to remove my shocks. My question is how dose the bypass rack gain so much down travel if the springs don't droop out any further? Do the shocks push down the springs? And also with this kit do you need to relocate/ lengthen the rear brake lines?

Hey Mike,

As for the brake lines , you will need extended lines to account for the added droop. I would also check the torque setting on you rear shackles as well since these should be able to droop freely.

-Jeff

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. Maybe a set of poly bushings in the schakle will help. My spring will droop all the way but to get the shock out I have to push down on the wheel skittle more

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shock doesn't push on the spring it just dampens (slows down) the movement. Shock has no bearing on ride height

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that I know thanks Huck. I was just curious how you gain the down travel if the springs don't droop down after shock removal. Mine and other trucks I have had the rear shocks out of, the rear end has to be pushed down to remove the shock. It dosent just fall down when the lower shock bolt is removed like I expected

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In a recent pre-run I pushed the truck harder than I normally do. Let me say I took some hits I could have swore were going to brake something. Instead things were all in place and no issues. Survived 160 miles of dirt and then another 130 paved miles to get home.

Short recap but I can attest to the durability of the dual front and rear setup.