Mid-Travel 3.5TT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, don't try to correct another persons use of a word without looking at the definition

Merriam Websters: Motor - any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion

Secondly, you bumped the thread, I see it and read it, you come off as a buffoon.

Third, you're irritating.

OP
OP
Pinero61

Pinero61

Reaction score
First of all, don't try to correct another persons use of a word without looking at the definition

Merriam Websters: Motor - any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion

Secondly, you bumped the thread, I see it and read it, you come off as a buffoon.

Third, you're irritating.

In engineering terms, the two are very different. I come from a technical/engineering background, and it tends to be one of my pet peeves. Apologies, if I offended you.

I also apologize if you've confused an attempt at humor as outright bashing of your engine. It was outlined further up in the thread that it was an attempt at humor. Regardless, it's being discontinued along with the rest of the world's pushrod dinosaurs, so it doesn't really matter.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, so do over, but you're in a place with a number of people that wont even consider a gen 2 because they love an American V8 boasting 6.2L of displacement. I wouldn't have purchase my truck with v6, now if it was a tt v8 then sure, because I too love turbos. Additionally many of us bash on our trucks, have rocks, branches, etc, abusing the body work, an aluminum body with cost of repair, doesn't entice. I get where you're coming from with engineer terminology and the idea of an electrical motor and combustion engine, but we aren't all engineers and dont communicate as engineers. Hell, in the beginning they were referred to as motorcars.

OP
OP
Pinero61

Pinero61

Reaction score
Lol, fair enough

I prefer v8's as well, particularly the new gen 5.0 in my 2015 GT.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436365622.574666.jpg

However, I'm also a huge fan of inline 6 engines. Unfortunately, the Eco is a v configuration, and frankly sounds like crap. With the exception of sound, this engine is amazing. The power this produces for its size sold me after the first test drive. I was really hoping the new voodoo would be a forced induction variant of the 5.0, but I'll gladly take another Eco.

OP
OP
Pinero61

Pinero61

Reaction score
A few bolt ons and some dyno tuning has really woken mine up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436366147.423082.jpg

I believe it will be the same case with the new gen Eco. Reportedly, it will have the same dual fueling setup and turbos as the GT, so if this is true, just a tune should bring it out to same power level. There's several of the current gens pushing around 600 hp, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be studding mine, and upgrading the turbo charges in a few weeks. I should hit around 450 at the wheels.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just trying to add a little humor in there. I came here, because the f150 forums (big ones) are massive and filled with immaturity. Coming here allows me to skip the crap and get down with the guys who know the answers to the questions I ask.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the regulars here, and build my knowledge through this build. Which, will help me prepare for my second gen raptor.

So, how's the FRF experience so far? lol

I personally think that your build is pretty cool. I like that someone is doing some real world testing of the new TTV6 that will inevitably be in the Gen 2 Raptors. I have to commend your installation of fiberglass fenders WITHOUT the Raptor vents. Another clone is boring, but your truck looks to be something a little different and pretty capable to go off road.

At least someone like you will be able to understand what the new V6 will be capable of handling and be able to overcome the shortfalls. Keep up the testing. I for one will be following your thread to see what the new Gen 2 will need to keep up with the proven and tested Gen 1's.

Thick skin and the ability to handle the ******** is a requirement on this forum regardless if you own a Raptor or not.....