Won't rev past 4200rpm. Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AussieDoge

Reaction score
So our family has a 2014 Raptor.
We are Aussie's so we had to do a conversion however this problem has nothing to do with the conversion.

The Raptor Will function fine until it hits 4200rpm. It wont go past it at all. Almost like there is a rev limiter on it set lower than redline. Thoughts?

BTW this is my first thread, don't hate if its in the wrong place.

D

Deleted member 12951

Have a tune?

Do you have a Ford dealer over there that you can take it to?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to start with the basics. I saw something similar on a recent run...the air box was full of dirt. To say the air filter was dirty is an understatement.

OP
OP
A

AussieDoge

Reaction score
Yeah it does it with both keys.

No ford dealer in aus are all that keen to tune it, They dont have the equipment they say

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

and it is brand new, no wear and tear.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my air filter was a complete mess. my truck would hit 4500 rpm and not go above, nor shift gears. i would have to let off the gas and then it would shift and once again be stuck at 4500rpm.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what nv guy is referring to. my air filter had a beach inside of it. no air meant no power.

Attachments

• tmp_5727-14933-929995523.jpg
    tmp_5727-14933-929995523.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
A

AussieDoge

Reaction score
i will check the air filter ofcourse, however it has only done 530km on the clock.
I highly doubt the air filter would naturally get dirty

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it seem like a rev limiter (intermittent firing) or does it run smooth and just not go above a certain RPM?

What gear does it do it in?

This may be a transmission issue. I had a similar issue on another vehicle...even the dealership had a hard time figuring it out.

Modern electronically controlled transmissions have a "limp mode" when something is wrong with them. They will not go past a certain RPM in a certain gear.

Could be something as simple as a sensor causing it...or something more.

Good luck.