KC Hilites Flex LED Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Since I was going to change up my front bumper, I wanted to try some new lighting as well. I was given the chance to get some of the first sets of the KC Hilites Flex LEDs.
Flex LED lights and LED light bars for Off road UTV, ATV and Trucks | KC HiLiTES

The setup that I am running is a 30” combo bar and the two duals on Switch #1 and a 30” spot bar on switch #2.

The really cool thing about these lights is how modular they are. For the bars, they come in 10” segments and you can mix and match them to get the combination you want. The 30” bars I am running are made up of 3 10” bars each. For the combo bar, each segment has three spot lenses and two flood lenses. Given that the lenses are much larger than what you normally see on a light bar, I am expecting them to have a much better beam pattern than typical. Each LED is 10W.
L01%20-%2030%20overall.jpg

L02%20-%2030%20detail%20front.jpg

Each segment attaches to the next using a small bus bar for the ground, a wire for the hot and then a thick, aluminum structural link.
L03%20-%2030%20detail%20back.jpg

The duals are both flood pattern and use all of the same wiring connections that the 10”+ bars use.
L04%20-%20dual.jpg

L05%20-%20dual.jpg

L06%20-%20Dual%20back.jpg

I also used this as a chance to make some improvements to my under-hood wiring. All of the wires to the upfitters have extensions soldered on that lead to WeatherPack connectors. This allows me to switch things around in seconds, if I want to. I had been wanting to do this for a while and this was my chance. I labeled each one of the connectors with the corresponding switch number. I put heat shrink on the end of the wire for #4 as I am not currently using it and will add the connector when it is needed.
L07%20-%20Wiring.jpg

The one downside to going to an aftermarket bumper is that you lose all of the support structure of the OEM bumper, which is very handy for running light wires. My solution was to use all weather zip tie pads with double sided tape. The wire harness is then zip tied to the pad.
L08%20-%20wiring%20PS.jpg

I also added a padded p-clamp to the bolt I used to attach the valance support.
B05%20-%20valance%20support.jpg

L09%20-%20wiring%20DS.jpg

B02%20-%20Overall.jpg

Bumper install
www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/lge-cts-front-bumper-install-41813/

Here are some crappy pics from my cell phone showing the light output. It is truly difficult to get a good picture of how bright these are. The darkest place I knew of is the parking lot of a nearby park (not a whole lot of truly dark places in my area).

Here is a shot of the headlights only (halogen):
L10%20-%20HO.jpg

Here is a picture of the combo bar and duals:
L11%20-%20Combo.jpg

Here is picture of the spot bar:
L12%20-%20Spot.jpg

Here is a picture of both of them (headlights are off in this pic – they made no difference with everything on):
[FONT=&quot]L13%20-%20Both.jpg[/FONT]

Last edited:

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those flex lites have really piqued my curiosity. Can't wait to see some night shots. What connectors did you use?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
First post updated with night pics.
Those flex lites have really piqued my curiosity. Can't wait to see some night shots. What connectors did you use?

The lights came with wiring harnesses. The connections to the lights and the harnesses is a Deutsch style connector. I used WeatherPacks to connect the wiring to the upfitter pigtails near the firewall.

In general, I prefer the Deutcsh style, but a kit of WeatherPacks was more in my price range. They are both good connectors, the WeatherPacks are just a little more bulky.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Looks good, just a little fine tweaking and you should be good. I still have to adjust mine... but I've been lazy - they're almost in the right spots, lol.