6.2L Raptor Exhaust/Muffler Video Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nodak_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if there's much difference but there is a definite sound variant. You won't need a y pipe but you will need some sort of adapter. The Mbrp is 3.5 diameter.

Nodak_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure I wouldn't need a Y-pipe to have a factory connection? The headers as they are now are "performance connect".

Ford Raptor 6.2L SuperCrew 2011+ Headers

If you make the selections lightning exit vs factory connect you can see the difference.

Also, I am assuming you got the MBRP without the resonator? Did you get T409 stainless or the aluminum? @The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. You will need a double 3" to single 3.5 though.

The Mbrp comes with a ball connection to meet the stock cat back. Once the headers are on, they extend to about 15" in front of the Mbrp canister. So you will need either an adapter or have someone weld in an extension tube.

Nonresonated aluminum.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

You could also just get 2x 3" mufflers of your choice and put turndowns on those. Checkout the last page of @MOLONxLABE build thread. That's what he did.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I tried the black widow 300 series. It sounds so damn good and mean, but it is a little louder than what I need when talking via bluetooth and driving around with clients. :baby: So I had to switch to a bigger magnaflow. Now to get 50 posts so I can throw it up for sale so someone else can take advantage of it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I tried the black widow 300 series. It sounds so damn good and mean, but it is a little louder than what I need when talking via bluetooth and driving around with clients. :baby: So I had to switch to a bigger magnaflow. Now to get 50 posts so I can throw it up for sale so someone else can take advantage of it.

or become a supporting member

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/payments.php

TexasBlues

Reaction score
Ok found it.....MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

My set-up in those vids are just the muffler, I don't have my other mods on yet. On Magnaflow's site, in the universal section, there's a muffler called Magnapack and it's just a round body tube shape. They only show the name on one section of muffler's but all the ones listed below it, that look like it, are Magnapack's as well......I called and confirmed this when I bought mine. I have the 3in/ single 3out, 4" around, 14" body and 22" total length. Magnaflow also told me that the shorter or smaller body you go, the louder it gets. I feel mine is juuuuust right. The glasspack's they offer are similar but not the same, even though they look like the Magnapack. My stock muffler was cut out and the Magnapack welded in it's place.....that way, it's the stock tubing and mounting point towards the front where it connects to the y-pipe.

Also, I found mine for way cheaper online through Summit, think I paid just over $100.

@SOCOMech you sold me on the magnapack, but i have a question... you said you cut out the stock and welded in the new, but in your vids you only have 1 tail pipe... i have twin tips on my 2013 SCREW... will 2 tips make the sound any different?

please excuse my ignorance, i'm new to the raptor world

thanks SOCO!