TSB 11-3-25 - Transmission bulkhead connector sleeve leaking transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSB 11-3-25

03/31/11

6R80 TRANSMISSION BULKHEAD CONNECTOR
SLEEVE LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID

FORD:
2009-2010 Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac,
Explorer, F-150

LINCOLN:
2009-2010 Navigator

MERCURY:
2009-2010 Mountaineer

ISSUE
Some 2009-2010 F-150, Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer, Mountaineer and Navigator vehicles equipped with a 6R80 transmission may show signs of transmission fluid leakage around the transmission bulkhead connector sleeve.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Verify the leak is present at the transmission bulkhead connector sleeve. With the vehicle in neutral, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-02.

1. Disconnect the transmission vehicle harness connector by twisting the outer shell and pulling back on the connector.

2. Remove the transmission fluid pan and allow the transmission fluid to drain.

3. Pull the release tab and pull down on the transmission bulkhead electrical connector retainer.

4. With the release tab down, pull the connector sleeve out of the case/mechatronic assembly.

5. Lube new connector sleeve 0-rings with clean transmission fluid, then install connector sleeve into case/mechantronic assembly.

6. Press up on the tab and lock the outer shell of the transmission bulkhead electrical connector sleeve in place. Make sure that the locking tab is securely locked.

7. Install the transmission fluid pan/gasket and refill transmission fluid refer to WSM, Section 307-01 for refill procedure.

NOTE DO NOT TOUCH THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR PINS OR THE EXPOSED SOLENOID TABS ON THE TRANSMISSION BULKHEAD ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR. ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE MAY OCCUR AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM).

NOTE BULKHEAD CONNECTOR SLEEVES MAY COME WITH RED OR BLACK 0-RING SEALS. USE ONLY BULKHEAD CONNECTOR SLEEVE THAT HAS BLACK 0-RING SEAL FOR THIS PROCEDURE.

Parts Block

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

110325A 2009-2010 Explorer, 1.7 Hrs.
Mountaineer, Explorer
Sport Trac, And F-150:
Replace Connector Sleeve
Includes Time To Remove
And Install Transmission
Fluid Pan (Do Not Use
With Any Other Labor
Operations)

110325A 2009-2010 Expedition And 1.8 Hrs.
Navigator: Replace
Connector Sleeve Includes
Time To Remove And
Install Transmission Fluid
Pan (Do Not Use With Any
Other Labor Operations)

DEALER CODING
CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
7G276 D8

Last edited by a moderator:

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this repair done on
My 2010 with 59,300 miles on it.
It was leaking and shifting poorly. I'm not sure how the poor shifting was related, but it shifts like new again.
They installed a new bulkhead connector, pan gasket, filter, and 8 quarts of oil. The best part, there was no charge for the repair.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you still have your warranty conejoracer

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I no longer have any type of warranty but I have noticed some trany fluid building on the bottom Of the transmission. So if they'll fix it under this TSB I'm gonna have it done after Xmas!

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an extended warranty, but the dealer did not charge me for the deductible. All of the paperwork said n/c.
It appears Ford might be paying for this repair now.

Reaction score
Have this problem

Just went to Phil Long Ford and Medved Ford here in Colorado. Both quoted me $560 for this repair. Both said it would take 3.5 hrs. Guess they wanted me to pay for the technicians coffee breaks as well. Going somewhere else...

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
My dealer just fixed the bulkhead connector leak issue however; it was serviced under TSB-14-0069. Any idea what the difference is between the two TSBs?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for those that want it and are doing it themselves like me cause mine has started leaking a lot lately and I'm at 84K miles here is the full part number for just the sleeve with the O-rings it's like $22 at your dealership and most of them will have it in stock mine does so I picked one up today and plan on doing it next weekend. Can't this weekend cause I'll be at the nascar race in Atlanta. Thanks for the YouTube video as well

Bulkhead connector sleeve
Part # 6L2z7g276 AA

This is for the 6R80 transmission for our trucks!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ran into this issue around 87k miles.

Sounds like my 6R80 has all the standard issues.