Flex fuel into a brand new ford raptor 6.2 (2013)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay read a lot of Treads about E85 and Flex Fuel but don't find a answere so I'm sorry for asking again.
What i understand is that Raptor 6.2 is not made for E85 only or Flex Fuel (Gas and E85)
but is there a aftermarket parts/kit for installing it in Raptor to run in FlexFuel mode or E85?

Daniel

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Nope. None of the 6.2's fuel system is sized or tuned for E85. The ring around the filler nozzle says not to run ethanol concentrations of 20% or more.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay this is what i understand. But is there a aftermarket solution with parts i have to change (pumps fuelrail etc) that i can run E85 or Flex Fuel?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sad thing is that it easily could have been a flex fuel vehicle and is not a fuel system sizing issue.

The F250 with the 6.2L is a fexfuel vehicle. Ford just did not see the need for doing it with the raptor.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A factory flex fuel vehicle has a a few benefits. Before gas prices fell there were many areas where e85 was much cheaper than regular gas. (Even with the lower MPG of e85 it was still cheaper per mile) E85 is also 100+ octane equivalent so with a NA truck it is as if you were running premium.

Now when you are supercharged you get even more benefits. The 100 octane basically means race fuel at regular prices. Also e85 cools more than regular gas in the combustion chamber which is another positive.

And while you can setup a non flex fuel vehicle to run e85 with proper tuning and sizing of injectors/pump/etc you can not easily change between fuel types. Factory setups have a sensor that measures the fuel mix and then based on that adjusts the tune.

D

Deleted member 12951

When I had my F-150 5.0 flex fuel, I found that E85 needed to be 25% less than Reg 87 to just break even on the MPG difference. Other than the slight performance gain via my butt dyno it was never worth running for me. I personally would not spend the money to make the 6.2L flex fuel compatible. Would rather spend the money on a tune and just run 93. Both has potential to void warranty so might as well go the preferred route.