Cold Air Intake - AFE Stage 2, Airaid, K&N, Roush - Panel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HectorR

Reaction score
The SVC tune will solve your issue. They flow benched it with the AFE. . Just make sure Jeff knows you're running that intake. I had the same exact experience when I installed the AFE a while back with no tune and no lid. Way too loud and it was annoying as hell. 5 star tune helped a good bit but no where near the SVC. ---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ---------- Did a little mod to my AFE stage 2 that might be of some interest to you guys. With the lid on I was getting a very slight, short buzzing / resonance from the intake just off idle. Not the same type we are discussing above because the tune took care of that but more of a feeling the box wasn't completely sealed so getting a little vibration when you first hit the gas for probably less than half a second. Still it annoyed me. On further inspection, if you look at the lid as it sits on the box it clearly doesn't seal fully as its just plastic to metal contact. What I did is take the weatherstripping that comes with the intake to be used on the metal part when not using a lid and worked it on to the lid itself. If you leave it on the metal frame and try to put the lid on it won't fit right. Took a little trimming but now there's a weather seal between box and lid that is sealed all nice and tight. No more off idle buzzing issue.

Thanks, I will try it again with the Tune and Lid, and the weatherstripping tip.
Ideally would have left it in on until they arrived but bad timing as picking up family from Europe and didn't want to traumatize 3 month old niece !

Looking at reviews / comments for this intake seems good from the go for some and not so for others. Made me wonder if something subtle on alignment but tried a couple of adjustments and couldn't see anything.

Seriouslyrowe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It pains me to post this but after installing the Volant CAI w/Ram air in my 2013 the engine will not stay running. Had no fitment issues and thanks to the forum, was able to figure out how to install the remote start switch with ease but I am feeling pretty defeated at the moment. No tune yet...although it is hard to drive over to the shop to get it tuned when the truck won't run past the start sequence. Engine rolls over, idles rough but runs with the MAF sensor unplugged. Not sure if it is a bad sensor, or what so I am humbly throwing this out to the forum before completely removing and reinstalling the factory set up. Thoughts?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a strange problem, i doubt a tune would solve it considering my truck runs fine without a tune and i have a cai

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
An update from S&B: Should only be a few weeks until we see the 6.2 intakes on the market!