Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, new member here. My current setup is:

Performance: 5 star tune, AFE cold air intake, Corsa catback.

Aesthetics: bone stock, apart from rhino lined fender flares.

BUT, the exciting news is, I'm getting a Livernois build done very soon! Just paid my deposit for a whipple setup along with LT headers, with the upgraded heat exchanger. Any recommended supporting mods to accompany this? Also, recs for a new belt tensioner? Can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for the long-ass drive from Texas up to Dearborne!! Turns out flights from Detroit to Dallas are like $70 one way (lol) so I am driving up, dropping the Raptor off, and then flying back about a week or so later, or whenever the install is complete. Beats paying close to $4000 for it to be shipped, plus I don't want to wait an extra week on the shipping.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. If you want to maximize everything you can get out of her, go to a 3.25 pulley and upgrade the throttle body. The heat exchanger will really help here in Texas! Another Terrain raptor in Texas that hauls ass! I love it. How many miles she got on her now? Read my sig line. I started just like you did with 5 star and CAI. Get ready for silly improvements. Make sure they tune it themselves. The stock whipple tune is terrible. Enjoy!!! Where are you in Texas?

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. If you want to maximize everything you can get out of her, go to a 3.25 pulley and upgrade the throttle body. The heat exchanger will really help here in Texas! Another Terrain raptor in Texas that hauls ass! I love it. How many miles she got on her now? Read my sig line. I started just like you did with 5 star and CAI. Get ready for silly improvements. Make sure they tune it themselves. The stock whipple tune is terrible. Enjoy!!! Where are you in Texas?

Livernois is doing all the in house dyno tuning. I live in Abilene TX, but bought my Raptor from Planet Ford right near you. I have a lot of friends from the Woodlands, love Spring and that area. She has 40k miles on her, 32k of which are soley 70-75mph highway driving. Idk if the mileage is a factor at all, but at least she's well broken into. I currently no longer have the 5 Star tune because my AMAZING Ford rep hooked me up with a new PCM due to some issues that is running engine mapping that I'm fairly certain not many if any Raptors have. It runs just as strong if not stronger with the new PCM. I'm blessed with a local dealership that is very mod friendly lol

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in that pcm...

Yeah I had no idea it existed, my service rep seriously goes to bat for me with every ford vehicle I've ever owned, including getting warranty work done on my catless mustang! He works his butt off for me. Anyway, he's pretty straightforward with me, and told me that when I had returned my truck to stock tune due to me getting warranty work done on the fuel pump, it somehow had corrupted some data on the PCM. He called Ford hotline, and from what I can tell, lied about my truck ever being tuned, so they sent him a new one, which he said is running different software than the PCM that came with my '13. I don't know how different it is, but the truck feels just as good as when I was running the 93 octane performance tune...

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had two mustangs, a '13 Boss and a '11 GT that is modded to hell, I love fast ;) What are your relative 0-60 times? (if you've timed it ever)