Buying a used Raptor sight unseen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jens69

Reaction score
The time has finally come for my husband to get his Raptor and of course he has a very specific set of "must haves". 2013/14, under 15,000 miles, black with the blue interior accents, tailgate step, beadlock wheels, etc. etc. He held off on a truck so I could get my '69 Camaro restored so he gets whatever he wants.

We found a 2013 with 6,600 miles for just under $55,000 that has everything including 3 of the 4 options on the want but not mandatory list.

The only downside is it is in North Dakota, about 1,300 miles away and going there to see it isn't a possibility for 2 weeks. I doubt they would hold it that long. So we are seriously considering buying it sight unseen and having it shipped to us. The pictures on the internet are pretty good and it looks very clean. Dealer said they would take whatever additional pictures we wanted.

Anything Raptor specific we should be looking for? General thoughts on the deal and state of our mental health are welcome as well.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I bought one from OKC the same way. Flew down and drove back.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The time has finally come for my husband to get his Raptor and of course he has a very specific set of "must haves". 2013/14, under 15,000 miles, black with the blue interior accents, tailgate step, beadlock wheels, etc. etc. He held off on a truck so I could get my '69 Camaro restored so he gets whatever he wants.

We found a 2013 with 6,600 miles for just under $55,000 that has everything including 3 of the 4 options on the want but not mandatory list.

The only downside is it is in North Dakota, about 1,300 miles away and going there to see it isn't a possibility for 2 weeks. I doubt they would hold it that long. So we are seriously considering buying it sight unseen and having it shipped to us. The pictures on the internet are pretty good and it looks very clean. Dealer said they would take whatever additional pictures we wanted.

Also get some close ups of the front shocks to see if it's set to Mid-Perch. That is also a good indication of what the owner may have done with it....

Anything Raptor specific we should be looking for? General thoughts on the deal and state of our mental health are welcome as well.

Aside from a clean Carfax, I would ask the dealership to take a crap load of undercarriage shots. Unless they put it on a lift and power washed it, that will at least let you know how hard/much it's been offroaded.

Also, get some close up pics of the front shocks, that will let you know if its been set to mid-perch which is a good indication of what the original owner may have done with it. Mid-perch = higher probability it was offroaded. Stock perch = higher probability it was a street queen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jens69

Reaction score
Got pictures of the undercarriage. It does not look like it has been offroad, skid plates don't have a single scratch on them. One owner, it was a special order and is being sold by the same Ford dealer that sold it new. Still has the plastic wrap on the drivers side carpet from when it was new. That being said you can tell it has been in a place with snow. It hasn't been washed underneath and there is salt and a bit of surface rust everywhere.

A new 2014 with the same options would have a MSRP of $59,635. At this point is it realistic to expect $5,000 off MSRP on a new 2014?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm sure someone here that is local would check it out for you all.

Reaction score
Got pictures of the undercarriage. It does not look like it has been offroad, skid plates don't have a single scratch on them. One owner, it was a special order and is being sold by the same Ford dealer that sold it new. Still has the plastic wrap on the drivers side carpet from when it was new. That being said you can tell it has been in a place with snow. It hasn't been washed underneath and there is salt and a bit of surface rust everywhere.

A new 2014 with the same options would have a MSRP of $59,635. At this point is it realistic to expect $5,000 off MSRP on a new 2014?

No they aren't going to give you $5000 off, why would they there are only so many left? Your paying $5000 extra for that 13, it wasn't selling for that before they announced no 15 models being built. Most likely the best deal youll find is $5000 over sticker.

You said he can get whatever he wants... I wouldn't get a 13 to save 5 or even 10k. I was in the exact same boat as you just two weeks ago and I found a new 14 for $6000 more than a guy wanted for his used 13 and bought it 5 minutes after a forum member posted a link to it for me.

Last edited: