No Ecoboost Badges, Sound, or Under Hood Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see an EcoBoost 5.0 or 5.2 and think that would be great. But who would have thought they would put a V-6 in that Ford GT, but here it comes, with over 600 hp.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looking for badges at this stage of the game is pointless. i forgot who it was but someone tested the GMC 6.2, chevy 6.2, dodge hemi, and f150 5.0 trucks in a "V8 Challange" the f150 WITH 5.0 had ecoboost badges on it.... pre-production trucks especially this early in its stages are not accurate, usually the small stuff is all wrong

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing. For towing you can't beat that ecoboost.

I have mixed feelings on it. But for those worried about power...go drive an ecoboost. And you won't be worried.

That said, I Just want that off idle tug of a v8. Ecoboost has amazing torque but not in the split second u hit the gas like the v8.

--John.

SVTanthony

Reaction score
The new GT super car they showed today sounded awesome with the 3.5 ecoboost. I had no idea it could sound like that. This truck will not sound like that, so I am unhappy. The ecoboost is great in the Taurus SHO, but I didn't like it in the f150. I do prefer how the 6.2 drives compared to the ecoboost.

Last edited:

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad I got the 2014. The 2017 is ugly to me with the Fusion shaped hood. Ugly is the reason I stopped buying Escallades this year. The new GM trucks look like ass. I don't know what is going on in the design houses but they need to work a little harder. Just my opinion but Ill be keeping my 2014.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad I got the 2014. The 2017 is ugly to me with the Fusion shaped hood. Ugly is the reason I stopped buying Escallades this year. The new GM trucks look like ass. I don't know what is going on in the design houses but they need to work a little harder. Just my opinion but Ill be keeping my 2014.

I prefer the look of the new Escalade to any full size FoMoCo SUV. I prefer the Ford pickups look over the GM's though, 14's or 15's.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was down at JLA Sunday for the Detroit International Auto show pre Press Release dress rehearsal. No badging on the truck anywhere. Hood was never opened Couldn't hear it when it came out and when it drove away so that tells me right there that it definately was an EB.

I driven SEVERAL EB F150s I don't know whats so bad about the EB in this truck (or any F150) IF they would have offered the EB in the Raptor, I would have ordered my '14 with the EB

As Ford the new GT All I can say is WOW. Looks and sounds INSANE Whats not to like about a stock Supercar with a 7spd and 650+HP ??????