Increasing top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Flying Raptor: these things have the aerodynamic graces of a loaf of bread! Get a Shelby "mousetang" if your looking for land speed records. In my opinion you're expecting too much and it's flat out dangerous to get these things going that fast with the physics and design capabilities and restrictions. 3 tons of metal HAVE to be a handful traveling at those speeds. Hopefully not doing this on busy highways. That said, your truck, your risk, your life.

totally agree, I would be fine with a limit of 137. Not trying to kill myself. My 2007 Roush Nitemare F150 was built more for this type of stuff than the raptor and at 125-130 it was a handful

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would plan on swapping out the driveshaft if you plan on driving high speed. Do not want to see what happens at 130mph when the stock one lets go. Also hope you are running a set of project tires at those speeds.

You could easily data log the run and see what it is doing when it hits the limit. My guess is that it still has a limiter set. You would see real fast in the log if its hitting a limiter as it pulls timing and fuel.

Tony20242

Reaction score
bonjour je francais j ai un raptor svt v8 de 2014 avec ligne inox comment enlever électroniquement limité car je ne peux pas depasser 170km / h meme si je ne vais pas a 220 tous les jours merci

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know supercharged raptor can at least hit 140 , mine included, did it once never again. Hit 140 in Tremor, was little unstable, have since lowered it a tad and installed BILSTEIN shocks on all 4 corners ,Try for 150 mph soon. Fastest i have been was in my 02 Lightning 155mph smooth and stable plus it had way better aerodynamics than these bricks.

Tony20242

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to unclamp my raptor svt v8 2014 because I can not manage to exceed 170km / h thank you.

Reaction score
I have a 5 star tune and I turned off the speed limiter that is set at 100MPh. I'm able to hit 120MPH easily. I've done 140 but as previously stated I would not recommend doing so in a truck. Its very sketchy

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I want to get my raptor to go over the 220 km/h top speed (137 MPH).
My raptor is supercharged, although i dont think that helps :(
I've gotten my raptor at 220 but the the rpm barely moves from 4500 RPM.
Do you guys know anyway to increase the top speed?

What tune and tuner are you using?