Goodyear Kevlars on Method Standards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
I know there are endless threads on wheels and offsets, but I haven't found one relating to this situation. I am having the following work done to my raptor this week.

Struts set to mid perch.
Method Standard wheels (17x8.5 0mm offset)
35x12.5x17 Goodyear M/T Kevlars

Does anyone have any thoughts about this setup having potential rubbing issues?
Just want to make sure before I jump into it.

Thanks

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have much to add in terms of rubbing, but I hope you like the tires. I had those tires before and they were the worst tires I've ever owned. I lost track of how many Goodyear replaced under warranty with me paying the difference to make up for tread wear, but it was at least 6-8 tires total. If you get a vibration and they take a lot of weight to balance properly, get Goodyear involved immediately to have that tire replaced.

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have em in 40x14.50x17 and love them. Cant say for the wear, i burnout alot lol.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll rub at full lock at slow speeds by very minimal. I had the kevlars.....wasn't a fan. Incredibly difficult to get balanced. And got noisy pretty quickly. M

I switched to Mickey Thompson baja atz's great tire .