Installing aftermarket horns??????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a search but really didn't get my question answered as I had hoped. OK...so here is what I want to do. I have purchased these horns:Amazon.com: Viking Horns V621K Dual Trumpet Train Air Horn: Automotive

Another information site:

https://www.superiorhorns.com/air-horns/dual-chrome-trumper-air-horn-with-dual-compressors.html

I want to "T" connect them into the stock horn wires so when I hit the horn all four will blow. I can do a brake job in one hour but wiring and electricity are beyond me to understand. Hell, I don't even know where the horn fuse is located, which I may have to change as well. I have a volt meter so I have enough sense to tell hot wire from ground but kit comes with a relay and of course I have no idea how I wire that. I have gotten plenty of great advice from you folks so I am hoping that you folks can come to my rescue. I will have enough of a challenge to figure out how to mount these horns but that I think I can handle. I just am not sure how to do the wiring and do I need a larger fuse etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you want them to be active ask the time or do you want a toggle switch to turn them off?

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

I want them active all the time. Hence the reason I would "T" them into stock horn wires. Keep in mind these are simple 12v horns with small compressors that run off 12v. I had one in my old truck but a friend wired it for me and he is no longer available to help.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll tap into the hot wire right at the horn under the hood. I think it's yellow. You'll need the relay to run those little compressors.

I always put up the @The Car Stereo Company bat symbol.

2051c292c6f015a57cfcd81b7aa4e7aa.jpg

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll tap into the hot wire right at the horn under the hood. I think it's yellow. You'll need the relay to run those little compressors.

I always put up the @The Car Stereo Company bat symbol.

2051c292c6f015a57cfcd81b7aa4e7aa.jpg

Thanks Joe. How about the ground wire? Do I not hook into that as well? How about the horn fuse...will it not need to be larger? By the way....where is the horn fuse in our trucks? See I told you I was a ******* about "LECTRICTY"!:crazy:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will use the Horn Positive wire to trip the relay for the new horns. You will need to run power for the new horns utilizing the relay. SO the negative on the new horns just needs to be grounded to the truck and then you can run a new power connection with a fuse from the battery to the relay. Then run from the relay to the new horns positive. The relay is tripped when your original horns go on and that powers up the new horns.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I may interlope for a moment: question of where the fuse is for OEM horns is buried in this thread. I want to know this also but haven't found it yet. Any help here?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks SShooter. Don't know why I didn't see that, should have been the 1st placed I looked. So now I'm one step closer to actually completing a mod.

Not sure if my mod would be considered appropriate in your thread. Same idea, different path. So I'll post details in a new thread. But thanks for bring it up.

I'm replacing the stock horns with (hopefully) more Raptor worthy ones. Just a direct replacement.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. How about the ground wire? Do I not hook into that as well? How about the horn fuse...will it not need to be larger? By the way....where is the horn fuse in our trucks? See I told you I was a ******* about "LECTRICTY"!:crazy:
You don't need to mess with the stock horn fuse. Don't worry, I hate wiring as well.

37c7e3d34e2371422a442de79d10cebd.jpg

I refer to this diagram at times. Replace the worth "lights" with "horn."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free