Ball Joint replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replacing ball joints is not uncommon as they are a wearable component. Replacing them is regular maintenance just like changing your oil. (Obviously much greater intervals)

We always use the OEM Ford joints as they are the strongest and typically the longest lasting. Check your control arm bushings while you are at it. They also go bad. If these are worn out as well, I would recommend replacing the whole lower control arm.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like these have grease zerks - as all ball joints should. I will use these when the time comes.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

FYI - @RockAuto has them for $47.79 ea.
More Information for MOOG K500193

That's what I have. Moog serviceable ball joints with a grease zerk. I give them a shot of grease every oil change.

OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like these have grease zerks - as all ball joints should. I will use these when the time comes.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

FYI - @RockAuto has them for $47.79 ea.
More Information for MOOG K500193

That's a great price. I did find them at O'Reilly's for $89 which I thought was a little steep. Napa wanted $99. I was afraid to check the Ford dealer on an OEM one. I only bought one for now but may go ahead and order from Rockauto and pick up another one. I have a clunck on the driver side that I can't figure out. I'm thinking it may be the control arm bushings. The ball joint is pretty tight. I've checked all the bolts and nuts on shock. I'll put it on lift and check it out. Any suggestions on how to determine if bushings are bad? I'm not sure if lifting tire method like you do to check ball joint is a good way or not. Is there a easy way to check bushings?

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a tough one. I tried comparing my bushings to a new truck and I could tell the difference. They both had the same amount of play.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
That's a great price. I did find them at O'Reilly's for $89 which I thought was a little steep. Napa wanted $99. I was afraid to check the Ford dealer on an OEM one. I only bought one for now but may go ahead and order from Rockauto and pick up another one.
Be sure to check their section on our forum (they are supporting vendors) to get a 5% discount code.