Stock Beadlock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im pretty new to this forum and to the Raptornation, I just picked up my new baby 1 week ago! got 500 km on it so far, and I have a question about the stock beadlock wheels that comes with the 2014.

Why does everyone I see is changing the SVT stock beadlocks when changing their tires? I mean is it that ugly that no one wants it or there is a hidden problem with them that I dont know of?
2013-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-supercab-wheel-photo-595923-s-1280x782.jpg

Personally I like them alot (looks and the ride), even when my tires gets worn I think I'll still keep them and change the tires only. unless they turn out to have a serious problem!

I Offroad 60% of the time and Streets drive 40% if that helps with giving me feedback

Thanks alot in advance

D

Deleted member 12951

There is nothing wrong with them. You do have to get a different ring to convert it over to a true beadlock. Just people have different taste.

GabAlmighty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know nothing of the wheel but I bet it's a "beadlock" style wheel. And not a true beadlock. Good way to test is to air the tires right down to say 5psi and go rip some donuts and see if the bead pops off (I'm just kidding don't actually do this, unless you youtube it for the lols).

That being said, even if you get said "true beadlock" ring for it it's still not going to be a true beadlock rim as only the outer bead it locked.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the OE beadlock wheel is optional and wasn't released until 2013, so not everyone with aftermarket wheels has replaced them. I have it on my truck and like it for several reasons: 1) I think it looks good, 2) it's a forged wheel unlike most that are cast (Method), and 3) it gives you the option to run a true beadlock with the Ford Racing ring. I wish it had a little less backspace to widen the stance of the truck even further, but then you get into a higher possibility of tires rubbing on the fenders/flares during full compression, especially with any tires larger than stock.

You'll notice that Method wheels are far and away the most popular aftermarket wheels for Raptors. I almost didn't order the optional OE beadlock wheels when I ordered my truck and instead was going to purchase aftermarket Method NV wheels. This would have saved me money on top of leaving me with the standard OE wheels as spares. I didn't go this route for all of the reasons listed above in addition to the fact that I wanted an OE quality wheel. The Method wheels are good, but if you do some research you'll find that there are some manufacturing tolerance issues with them; some aftermarket center caps fit differently and some of them rub on the stock front brake calipers.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know nothing of the wheel but I bet it's a "beadlock" style wheel. And not a true beadlock. Good way to test is to air the tires right down to say 5psi and go rip some donuts and see if the bead pops off (I'm just kidding don't actually do this, unless you youtube it for the lols).

That being said, even if you get said "true beadlock" ring for it it's still not going to be a true beadlock rim as only the outer bead it locked.

The ford rims are beadlock capable of running with the beadlocked if you invest in the beadlock ring. They come from the factory with a normal bead and the beauty ring that you see above. Once you have converted them they will allow ya to air down that far. Here is a pick of mine that I have converted to beadlocks. e8uda5y9.jpg

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It is a true beadlock if you install the Ford Racing ring and you don't need a beadlock on the inner bead. The critical bead to be locked is the outer because of the way the weight transfer of the vehicle and the way the tire tries to roll off the wheel during turns. I'm not saying an inner beadlock can't be beneficial in all situations, but I've lost an outer tire bead many times while offroading, but never an inner.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal choice

Not everybody gets rid of them! I love the way they look on the truck and as a matter of fact I upgraded to the Special Edition bead lock. And they are bead lock "capable." They are not the typical bead lock "style." Lose the factory beauty ring and invest in the Ford racing ring and you have a true bead lock wheel. No posing with these!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 678

Coach Bow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You run those on the highway orange?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I like the look also, I might just make everything black and put 37" on them.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You run those on the highway orange?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I like the look also, I might just make everything black and put 37" on them.

I have a second set that I use for most of time but I do run these tires on the highway when I need to. I do a lot of tire maintance checking torque on my beadlock rings and tire pressure in the tires. This was a pic from out travels up north and to havoc so I did not have the luxury of taking a second set of tires.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many owners really convert their factory beadlock capable wheels to real beadlocks. I am willing to bet very few make the conversion.