Seeking GPS Advice/Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need to make a decision soonish. Which is the best way to mount a Lowrance GPS?

-Ram adjustable mount

-LGE/CTS style folding mount
(This is what I'm leaning towards, but it was pointed out it will block some of the drivers vision. Does anyone have input?)

-OR any other ideas?
(It'll be custom regardless so any ideas you have are good ideas.)

I do want it to be accessible from the drivers seat.

Thanks

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the LGE/CTS mount on a HDS 7 touch and I don't feel it blocks any vision. I don't really fold it down either as you need to disconnect the cables in order to fold it down on the HDS 7.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built a "custom" RAM mount from their parts. I like that I can remove it easily. During Snoball pre-run and run, plus the Spring 14, it's never moved or fallen off. The suction cup keeps it in place and i have it rest on the dash.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Outlaw Offroad mount, we decided not to use it. Basically used the included mounting bracket and mounted it towards the front part of the speaker on the dash. It swivels so it can be used by the passenger or driver pretty easily.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the LGE/CTS mount and I'm very pleased with it. It does not obstruct my vision.

same,

BTW I have the HDS 7 touch and could not roll it back as advertised without smashing the cables and putting a lot of stress on the connection. so I took out the lower bolts, tighten the knobs so it doesn't move and when i need to roll it back i loosen it, pull the bottom out first and lay it down, then secure the knobs again.

i like it a lot.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably do something in the folding mount style, since no one has negative comments. Someone just strongly stated it blocked the lower corner passenger side of the windshield, which made me second guess it. It'll be custom, so does anyone with the LGE/CTS mount have anything they wish could be changed or modified? More easily folded down is obviously one I assume. I also have a Lowrance 7 touch.

Last edited:

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll probably do something in the folding mount style, since no one has negative comments. Someone just strongly stated it blocked the lower corner passenger side of the windshield, which made me second guess it. It'll be custom, so does anyone with the LGE/CTS mount have anything they wish could be changed or modified? More easily folded down is obviously one I assume. I also have a Lowrance 7 touch.

not off the cuff. Its a well thought out mount, sits in line with the NAV screen below it and I think makes the center stack look finished.