New truck, blown hose!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have a hint off coolant smell coming from the truck. I've looked but can never find a leak, and have not had to add coolant. Think I'm going to add some florescent dye to see if I can find it.

OP
OP
RazorSharpe

RazorSharpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up what you find. My jeep cracked its cylinder head thanks to a fast leak from a dealer-installed water pump, and it dumped coolant into the cylinders. Obviously one look at the oil answered the question, but for a while coolant was vanishing. Not a fan of coolant mysteries.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The flatbed tow arrived on time and I followed it to the local dealer, AV Ford. They gave it a look and said it should be done tomorrow. They promised me an engine bay cleaning and full responsibility. Two techs came out to admire it, and one was shocked at that hose. So far this is going well but we'll see what action is actually taken.

Definitely keep us in the loop, RazorSharpe, and don't hesitate to get me involved as well. To make that happen, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and the servicing dealership's info. I'll be here if you need my help.

Crystal

OP
OP
RazorSharpe

RazorSharpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macf, absolutely and I'd love to. I'll hold until the story is over, but so far I couldn't ask for better treatment.

Crystal, sure thing and thank you for the follow up. I'll send you a PM one way or the other.

OP
OP
RazorSharpe

RazorSharpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back yesterday afternoon. It was ready last Friday, but I left work too late to make the pick up. The frustration started with the amazingly clueless people answering the service phone. The voicemail I was left said they "topped off" the coolant and I just wanted to know if they actually flushed it. Friday, no answer. Four phone calls on Saturday all met with "we'll call you back," no calls returned. Sunday they're closed so first thing Monday morning I finally get an actual rep. Ye verily, they flushed the coolant and tossed on a standard worm screw hose clamp. They also performed the compression test like I asked and said it passed, but didn't actually give me the results. I don't have a reason to doubt them but I'm going to do the test personally to double check.

All in all, I can't complain much. I'll follow up to confirm my compression test went fine, but pending that I'd say Antelope Valley Ford's fleet service center did a simple job fast and well. Their sales and reception are dismal, avoid and go straight to an actual service rep. The Ford Helpline (800-392-3673) was painless too.