6.2 Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
I was in the same position trying to decide which exhaust to get and listening to 100's of sound clips. I had a tough time deciding between the Ford Racing sport and a cheaper Magnaflow/Roush setup. Since the Ford Racing, Borla, and Corsa were all relatively close in price I ended up going with the Ford Racing. Like others have stated, no one really had any complaints about them and I like the idea of sticking with Ford products.

It should be delivered this week and I should have it installed this weekend, so if you want more sound clips I should be able to post them up early next week and give you a little more feedback.

OP
OP
D

DBell

Reaction score
I was in the same position trying to decide which exhaust to get and listening to 100's of sound clips. I had a tough time deciding between the Ford Racing sport and a cheaper Magnaflow/Roush setup. Since the Ford Racing, Borla, and Corsa were all relatively close in price I ended up going with the Ford Racing. Like others have stated, no one really had any complaints about them and I like the idea of sticking with Ford products.

It should be delivered this week and I should have it installed this weekend, so if you want more sound clips I should be able to post them up early next week and give you a little more feedback.

That'd be great, since it's tough finding a real good sound clip online of it...

I'm narrowed down to Ford Racing Sport and Borla S-type.....
From what I've gathered from people, the Touring models are basically identical and not too noticeably louder than stock.
Biggest problem is whether FRPP Sport is going to be TOO loud with the res delete...not trying to get everyone's attention from half a mile away. Or whether the Borla S will be too quiet...

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So , again, those with the stock system, and wanting to get the FRP , go with the sport.

Keep your stock resonator pipe , then take the resonator pipe to the muffler shop and have a 3 inch round stainless section about 4 inches long welded on to it.

NOW YOU HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS AND CAN SWAP OUT BETWEEN THE TWO PIPES. SWAPPING IS EASY AND IF YOU CANT DO IT YOURSELF IT COST 20$ AT A MUFFLER SHOP FOR THE SWAP. TRY BOTH AND SEE WHAT YOU WANT LONG TERM.

easy peasy.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
That'd be great, since it's tough finding a real good sound clip online of it...

I'm narrowed down to Ford Racing Sport and Borla S-type.....
From what I've gathered from people, the Touring models are basically identical and not too noticeably louder than stock.
Biggest problem is whether FRPP Sport is going to be TOO loud with the res delete...not trying to get everyone's attention from half a mile away. Or whether the Borla S will be too quiet...

Well it looks like my new exhaust won't be delivered until next week. :( So I won't be able to get it installed and get a sound clip til at least next weekend or probably the weekend after. I'll still post a clip up for anyone else trying to decide.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my FRP Sport exhaust the other day. Has a slight drone to it but not too bad. For those of you that get the FRP exhaust, make sure the tips are aligned correctly. One of my tips (the right one) was slightly twisted and not parallel with the other.

photo 1.JPG

While not totally horrible, it did detract from the installed appearance. Since these tips are welded on, you cant twist it straight. I contacted FRP, sent them some pictures and told them to contact Borla and let them know about this. I didn't ask for a replacement but received an email asking my shipping address. So I think some one is going to make it right which would be totally cool.

VMR

Reaction score
I installed my FRP Sport exhaust the other day. Has a slight drone to it but not too bad. For those of you that get the FRP exhaust, make sure the tips are aligned correctly. One of my tips (the right one) was slightly twisted and not parallel with the other.

View attachment 54366

While not totally horrible, it did detract from the installed appearance. Since these tips are welded on, you cant twist it straight. I contacted FRP, sent them some pictures and told them to contact Borla and let them know about this. I didn't ask for a replacement but received an email asking my shipping address. So I think some one is going to make it right which would be totally cool.

Yea they have a problem with getting the tips right for some reason, it took me three rear tailpipe sections before it looked right.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best price I've seen is $1199.00 from a few different sources. The same borla system can be had for $150-200 cheaper.

OP
OP
D

DBell

Reaction score
Bought the Ford Racing Sport exhaust yesterday, should be delivered by Friday.
I got it from AmpPerformance -- Tom was extremely helpful and professional (they've got reviews all over FRF, some good some bad), and $1200 was the best price I had seen online. Jeg's was able to do a price match but didn't have it in stock, wouldn't have even shipped it until next week, and weren't nearly as easy to work with as ampperformance.

Ended up choosing FRP Sport over Borla S because Borla retains factory resonator and FRP deletes the res completely (whereas FRP Touring come with a different resonator altogether), so I could always pull the 'Hoverp Houdini' and throw back on my oem res if it's too loud.

I'll hopefully be posting a video by next week for those curious.

TL;DR-- ampperformance were great people and I'll put up a video next week

love2huntnfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same, same price shipped should be here by end of the week. Did have them inspect the tips prior to shipping, they assured me the tips were aligned, will have to wait and see if they are true to their word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk