Rusting Raptor Rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Raptor is rusting at the rocker panels and Ford doesn't want to even look at it unless you can see the perforation...
I have been to two dealers and called customer service with the same result. they won't even take pictures.

the rust is in between the layers of metal at the rocker panels, Both sides.

since my truck is white and the rust stains were pretty obvious, I decided to take it to the body shop to have the rockers cleaned and painted....

well he calls me today and says the rockers ARE perforated with rust. once he cleaned the paint off and the only way to repair it correctly is to cut off the rockers and replace them.

I have 62K miles on it and have always kept it clean, regularly pressure washing the underside.

I had hoped to keep this truck for a while.... hell I didn't start getting rust on my Yukon until after about 8-9 years. and then it was behind the wheels not the rocker panels.

I am going to try calling Ford customer service again tomorrow, maybe they can send a rep out to look at my truck. meanwhile I am down a vehicle while it sits at the body shop. with only motorcycles for transportation....

This SUCKS

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard of this before, have you looked under the truck and looked at the inside face of the rockers? Ford installs duct tape over the holes there and if the duct tape falls or peels off, dirt and water will get in there with no way of draining out!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard of this before, have you looked under the truck and looked at the inside face of the rockers? Ford installs duct tape over the holes there and if the duct tape falls or peels off, dirt and water will get in there with no way of draining out!!

Isnt that on the frame?