Cold Air Intake - AFE Stage 2, Airaid, K&N, Roush - Panel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
6.2 AFE stage 2(with lid). Formerly used Five Star tune now run SVC tune.

Off road quite a bit.

AFE makes it louder. Butt dyno says I get a decent power boost.

Reliability... yeah not so much. After almost exactly a year the boot on the intake tube broke this past weekend. On top of a mountain on a trail. Really unhappy about that failure. Made worse when I got word today that AFE is difficult for supplier to get in touch with and they may not sell parts. Looks like AFE will be coming off my truck soon.

I have replacement couplers that I've been to lazy to install but they are way thicker mesaza8u.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you find the replacements? I mistakenly it seems contacted the retailer I purchased the AFE intake from. They seem to be unable to get any info on replacement parts.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Just did my aftermarket coupler install.. It took a while but well worth it, I had to trim a lot off the larger side of the Elbow Coupler but the fit is very tight, and way better than the AFE Set Up.ehesuqe7.jpgju7ezahy.jpgysyrytuq.jpgeturunas.jpgha6uqa3a.jpg

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the Roush and others aren't CAI? They are sealed against the bottom of the hood. I have the Roush and can clearly see where the rubber "gasket" is touching the bottom of the hood and getting a good seal.

Engine: 6.2L

Intake: Roush CAI

Tune: Custom tune by Cody @ StangHi Performance

Off Road: Quite a bit.

Impressions: Roush makes the truck louder. Not sure if I got a boost in power or not. Feels like I did but I haven't dyno'd it.

Reliability has been great. I had a custom Outerwears pre-filter made to help keep any dust or debris out of the filter. When cleaning it, I haven't noticed anything past the pre-filter either so it must be working well. Overall I'm happy, but not sure I would purchase any CAI again, honestly.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine: 6.2
Intake: K&N Cai with pre filter
Tune: Stock
Offroad: Decent chunk of offroad miles since I bought it.

Impressions: Initially I *** concerned about the filter getting wet as the bottom of the box is open to the ground just before the wheel well liner. However it did not get a single drop of water on it this weekend from underneath everyone on the wi run will tell you that there where some very wet sections and deep (20") water holes we hit at decent speed. Pre filter defiantly helps with dust on the oiled filter, I may try to find a dry filter to use on runs or carry a spare oiled one. I previously had an afe cai on my charger and was not impressed with the filter quality had lots of fine dust in the intake when I took it off to train it in. As for sound it's definaty louder than stock. Install is easy takes a little longer than others as you have to install a new coolant reservoir. It's also a Cai it draws cold air from the opening below to in front of the wheel well liner and is sealed against the underside of the hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BUMP for more reviews

Bad Raptor - Is this what S&B part you were looking for (link)

Has a larger inlet by the fender and looks to use stock housing.

65-3000-2.jpg

Last edited:

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Here's an update on my AFE Stage 2 ever since I dropped the cover on, trucks seems a little more responsive, that could be the clean filter, but it cut down on a little bit of noise, and the temps seem to be cooler