Black Lug Nuts For Stock Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know its an old thread, but I just bought some oem ones and they do stick out a considerable distance further. So much so that I am taking them back because you could easily get a channel locks of pipe wrench on them and spin them off.

Holy cow. That's stupid.

akflier

Reaction score
I've also been looking for some black lugs. I spent a lot of time and $ getting rid of the chrome on my last truck, and that's one of the small things I respect about the Raptor: the lack of chrome. Especially on my tux-black truck, with the SE wheels, I can't believe they put chrome lug nuts on them! The only chrome on the truck (other than that horrible blue oval on the tailgate which was the first thing replaced).
I'd like to know if DynoDynge ever found out about the compatibility of the gorilla product. Found them here:

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR76108BC-24.htm

May just need to order them and compare the conical angles to the stockers.

Anybody else have any other leads??

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered the gorillas from the above link. I'll post my findings when I get them, since it seems like everyone is dying to know about this important lug nut issue/extreme performance upgrade :crazy:

Last edited:

akflier

Reaction score
So I got the gorilla lugs and am very satisfied with them. Having worked in the wheel/tire biz for too many years, I feel 100% confident that these are a direct replacement for the OE lugs, with what looks like the same connection angle (as expected - it's not really rocket science...)
Sorry, no picks on the truck, but I'm happy to have that small bit of chrome gone from my life.
Plus - it may just be me, and I'd have to confirm with a dyno, but I'd swear I'm getting at least another 10 horsepower with this mod! And certainly much improved aerodynamics (I'd have to hit the wind tunnel to confirm, but why bother?)

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the gorilla lugs and am very satisfied with them. Having worked in the wheel/tire biz for too many years, I feel 100% confident that these are a direct replacement for the OE lugs, with what looks like the same connection angle (as expected - it's not really rocket science...)
Sorry, no picks on the truck, but I'm happy to have that small bit of chrome gone from my life.
Plus - it may just be me, and I'd have to confirm with a dyno, but I'd swear I'm getting at least another 10 horsepower with this mod! And certainly much improved aerodynamics (I'd have to hit the wind tunnel to confirm, but why bother?)

Do you have any pictures of them on the truck?

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a pic straight-on? Is there silver visible aroung the lug nuts since they don't have the big bulge like the OEMs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free