Tire problem after rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeTiger

Reaction score
Long time lurker here.

I had my tires rotated for the first time and there was no abnormal wear before I did so. After a week or some I now have inner tire scalloping going on. Someone told me they were out of balance. Can I just rebalance, check alignment and get some more life out of the tires?

Thanks

OP
OP
O

OrangeTiger

Reaction score
qoCwtj.jpg

Last edited:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tiger, same here... The first time I had this problem, Greg introduced me to 'road force balancing' which solved the problem. Most will say that the result is only as good as the technician. Well, the last time I had them balanced, the tech couldn't get one of the tires over 90.

Just the other day when I had them rotated, there was a 'knocking' sound. Turns out the kid put three weights on the rim, which didn't rub on the front brake but did rub on the back.

Bottom line, I'm right where you are today and trying decide where to take the truck next...

Secret Squirrel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your alignment, specifically the toe adjustment. I had the same problem after the first tire rotation. The front tires started to get the same inner scalloping as before. I took it to the Ford Quicklane and they found the front tires were toe out past the acceptable specs. I just had it aligned recently, so I can't see any obvious results yet. Hope this helps.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you all rotating your tires? I'm doing mine every 5k, since there seems to be some issues with going too long and getting wear in them from being at one point very long. So far they're doing good, but I'd be curious if the guys with issues are going pretty long between rotations or not??