memorial day raffle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bump. i would like to keep this open a little longer to see if there are any others who wish to be recognized. and to see if any others would like to make a donation as well.

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It saddens me to report that another soldier has lost his life over here last night. My platoon were the first responders to the crash around 0100 in the morning local time. It was a catastrophic crash and a miracle that more people were not killed. The men on board were from my sister platoon stationed at another location in rc south. Please keep all these men in your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pew Pew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if any anyone heard about the black hawk that went down in southern Afghanistan this past December, the 17th to be exact, but that was an aircraft that was from a previous unit of mine. Since people move around frequently in the military there are a lot of new faces there. Unfortunately they were not all new to me. Sgt Peter Christopher Bohler was among the crew of that crash and lost his life. This of course hits the aviation community and the military community hard, especially when details become televised. I was fortunate enough to have a good command team that allowed me to travel across Afghanistan to go to his memorial service. He was a very close friend to my wife and I and he could never get enough of my dog. He was an off road enthusiast, and though he didn't own a raptor, he made me promise that when I got one he could take a couple laps on the trails. He never got to take that ride but as soon as I get back from Afghanistan I will be taking a ride to Arlington National Cemetery to see him and pay respects. The world lost a great person that day and he will be missed terribly. I would also like to recognize the other 3 crew members and 2 passengers of "arrow smith 35". Rest in peace brothers.
CW2 Randy Billings
CW2 Joshua Silverman
SPC Terry Gordon
SFC Omar Forde
SSG Jesse Williams

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing. I can't imagine your feelings but please know there are some civilians that feel like they can't thank you enough and do truly appreciate everything our service men and women sacrifice and go through.

God bless.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IronRakMike, you name came up as the winner of the raffle for the donation. i am donating $300 along with yukon joe's $100 toward a charity/memorial fund/platoon of your choice. please let me know where to send it and i will print a copy of confirmation for proof of delivery.

in one way, im happy that only so few posted. this tells me that your friends and family are safe, on the other hand, so many go un noticed

Last edited:

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IronRakMike, you name came up as the winner of the raffle for the donation. i am donating $300 along with yukon joe's $100 toward a charity/memorial fund/platoon of your choice. please let me know where to send it and i will print a copy of confirmation for proof of delivery.

in one way, im happy that only so few posted. this tells me that your friends and family are safe, on the other hand, so many go un noticed

Wow! Noah, I don't know what to say honestly. I am shocked at the generosity and support all you guys have demonstrated on this forum. I think in light of the recent circumstances with the blackhawk crash that killed Jacob Wykstra, and the friendly fire accident that occured the evening of the 9th that killed Scott Studenmund, Justin Clouse, Aaron Toppen, Justin Helton, and one more servicemember whose identity I'm not able to disclose at this time. I would like the money to be donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

Again, thank you so much for your generosity. When I get back home if you ever come through Colorado all the craft beer and good scotch is on me.