Colorado Dealer sold order out from under me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though the local dealer ive been talking to, and left $1,200 deposit with (Phil Long Ford in Littleton, CO) told me my truck still wasn't delivered, i figured I would call FordSVT to check on the status. So I call ford and they say the truck was delivered May 8th and Sold May 10th. WTF. I was allready starting to ask for my deposit back since it didnt feel right. I just knew it.

Called my salesman there. He obviously didn't know what to say. Tried to give me all sorts of BS. It doesnt take much to figure it out. Someone must have came in, offered to pay more than my price (My deal was AT MSRP), and they sold it. They figured since my current F150 is leased they would wait till it was crunch time, they they 'got me' since i need a vehicle. Then they would get me into something else.

Totally NOT COOL.

I can say this, i said i wanted my deposit ($1,200) back today, and they gave me a check without hassle.

Luckily, the dealer in Florida I bought my current truck from (Greenway Ford in Orlando) had ordered the exact raptor I wanted when i had expressed interest in it a while back. One call to them, sent them the deposit, and it was mine. Didnt want to have to drive from Denver to Orlando to pick it up, but love Florida so i guess a trip down there isnt that bad =). Ill bring the GF, spend a few days there, and make it a fun trip.

If anyone needs a dealer, I can set you up with my guy there, PM me. Cant recommend them enough. When I traded in my H2 for my current F150 I never even went there. All was done over the phone. When I went to pick it up it took less than an hour. Boom. Done. Thats the kind of dealer that earns my business.

--John

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the difference between dealers, I've always thought that Ford should hire me to travel the country posing as a customer and do in depth reports on the level of competency and customer service each dealership has. Customer surveys do not provide the whole picture.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even though the local dealer ive been talking to, and left $1,200 deposit with (Phil Long Ford in Littleton, CO) told me my truck still wasn't delivered, i figured I would call FordSVT to check on the status. So I call ford and they say the truck was delivered May 8th and Sold May 10th. WTF. I was allready starting to ask for my deposit back since it didnt feel right. I just knew it.

Called my salesman there. He obviously didn't know what to say. Tried to give me all sorts of BS. It doesnt take much to figure it out. Someone must have came in, offered to pay more than my price (My deal was AT MSRP), and they sold it. They figured since my current F150 is leased they would wait till it was crunch time, they they 'got me' since i need a vehicle. Then they would get me into something else.

Totally NOT COOL.

I can say this, i said i wanted my deposit ($1,200) back today, and they gave me a check without hassle.

Luckily, the dealer in Florida I bought my current truck from (Greenway Ford in Orlando) had ordered the exact raptor I wanted when i had expressed interest in it a while back. One call to them, sent them the deposit, and it was mine. Didnt want to have to drive from Denver to Orlando to pick it up, but love Florida so i guess a trip down there isnt that bad =). Ill bring the GF, spend a few days there, and make it a fun trip.

If anyone needs a dealer, I can set you up with my guy there, PM me. Cant recommend them enough. When I traded in my H2 for my current F150 I never even went there. All was done over the phone. When I went to pick it up it took less than an hour. Boom. Done. Thats the kind of dealer that earns my business.

--John

I WOULD, most certainly, send a letter, make that several letters, to every Ford exec telling that story. I have no doubt the heat would come down on that dealer.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a sales contract with the first dealer when they took your deposit? I'd at least make them show up a small claims court to cost them their attorney's time. That's breech of contract. You could show the cost of the trip to Florida as the damages so there is something material to get from them.

BTW, I'm not an attorney to my advice is worthless.

twinturbonium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the general consensus is that the agreement to buy is not a legally binding contract and that it's there truck to sell... deposit or not. As long as they return the deposit, it's all legal. That's just from the info I've been given. I was afraid this may happen to me after hearing the horror stories... but so far so good. They want me to pick the truck up and the deal is still the same to the "T". That's with them having a couple on the lot marked over MSRP... so I'm impressed so far with my dealer.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been waiting 5+ months and if they pulled that shit on me all hell would spill over at the dealer:nono:

D

Deleted member 12951

Bunch of crap, I would be pissed. I kept such a constant watch on mine that it paid off from crap like this so would definitely recommend that to anyone else, even though it will drive you nuts.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a good lawyer. Sue their ******* ass to the Stone Age. Make them pay you for the opportunity cost of not getting to buy a truck that's not being made any more. Use all the money you get to build a site on the web that redirects all traffic to negative reviews about them. No holds barred, these guys need to pay.

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill leave it alone. But man.....PISSED ME OFF, and usually im pretty cool with situations like this. Good thing i checked with ford!

--John

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Phil Long ownership group is getting f##king famous for this. This is the same owner group that really screwed me over at Columbine Ford in Rifle doing the same thing. Seems like this is something they are pushing in the coolaid. You need to at least let customer service know and/or the ford rep on the boards FordService. Crap like that will continue until enough paying customers start telling Mother Ford that they are fed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free