3000rpm stall converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I'm really interested in having a higher stall converter put on. Saw the truck a TRR with it and it was so cool. Anyone have experience with one? This is still my daily driver too

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would not be fun for long in a dd unless it was a low stall. They tend to create more heat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Exactly.

On streets and highway it will not make too much heat just cruising, but apply any load(ie, hills, towing, rock crawling, uphill sand washes, etc.) you would have to be "coupled". Meaning that you would need to be out of the Tq multiplication or stall region to dramatically reduce the heat created in the converter.

The main reason for higher stalls is some high performance engines need the slip at the bottom end to allow the power band to ramp up quickly and couple were the engine starts to build its real power and torque.

It can be done, but under certain situations you'll have to drive the truck sporty to keep the heat in check. Also driving the truck harder will add heat in engine coolant and oil.

For example, in our race cars we have converter in and out temps with psi sensors. This is so we can drive the truck accordingly to what it needs to keep it happy.

This topic can become very complex.
Sorry for the ramble, I'm drinking. Cheers.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly.

On streets and highway it will not make too much heat just cruising, but apply any load(ie, hills, towing, rock crawling, uphill sand washes, etc.) you would have to be "coupled". Meaning that you would need to be out of the Tq multiplication or stall region to dramatically reduce the heat created in the converter.

The main reason for higher stalls is some high performance engines need the slip at the bottom end to allow the power band to ramp up quickly and couple were the engine starts to build its real power and torque.

It can be done, but under certain situations you'll have to drive the truck sporty to keep the heat in check. Also driving the truck harder will add heat in engine coolant and oil.

For example, in our race cars we have converter in and out temps with psi sensors. This is so we can drive the truck accordingly to what it needs to keep it happy.

This topic can become very complex.
Sorry for the ramble, I'm drinking. Cheers.

Good explanation

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 3000 stall in built V-8 Ranger 4x4 I had and did not like at all driving on the street. Ended up pulling trans and installing lower in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20