Actual FOG lights (or bracket)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonzo

Reaction score
Does anyone make a pair of ACTUAL fog lights for the Raptor bumper? Everything I see is LED Pods clustered with driving lights or things like "wide driving" which I believe throw light out too far to leave on with low beams. I'd like something that puts out a "traditional fog" wide beam that works with LOW beams and cuts under fog.
If no one makes a light kit, how about a bracket that can mount a "traditional" pair of fog lights (Like Hella 550s) in the correct position? Forward enough for the light to clear the bumper, but still somewhat protected from impact.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Rigid Dually flood light in amber, while being an LED light, the output is not as high as others and is great for using as fog lights to cut through the fog. Not being white with a cover and not having a light output that is too intense, they are a great option when paired with the Rigid foglight mount kit. Although the mount kit if designed to hold two pair of their Dually lights, it is possible to either only mount one pair or mount two pair of amber lights, OR if you wanted to, mount one pair of amber and one pair of something else and wire the two sets independently of each other so that you can run one or the other. Below is a link to the lights I am talking about, let me know if you would like to know more about our special pricing on them during our anniversary sale.

Rigid Industries LED Lighting | Leader in Off road LED light bars, truck LED lights, Marine LEDs, and Industrial LEDs

OP
OP
B

Bonzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Doesn't the flood light also project vertically as well? A traditional fog light is a very flat beam with little vertical dispersion.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably do some creative aiming with Chris' suggestion to make it work. I haven't had a desire to run just the fogs because it's not that big of a deal here.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bonzo, because you want ACTUAL fog lamps, don't even bother looking at any of the led lamps that are common here. Stick with Hella, PIAA or something that is a REAL engineered true fog lamp. The beams are designed properly as fog lamps, not flood lights with amber covers.

There are only a couple led lamps, look at Headlights - Products - J.W. Speaker Corporation, PIAA | LP 530 High Intensity LED Fog Light Kit #05370 and My Hella Lights :: Optilux® 4" LED Fog Lamp Kit. A big plus in favor of the JW Speaker lamps is that most are DOT approved. THe Optilux are SAE/ECE approved as well.

For brackets, try some of the forum vendors that offer brackets that mount multiple led cubes in the outer bumper holes. You may have to drill a new hole and/or shim to get the light where you want it though. Like these, http://www.off-roadperformanceandaccessories.com/Fog-Light-Brackets-for-mounting-Dually-Lights-on-the-Ford-Raptor-rig40235.htm, probably others have them as well.

You could fabricate mounts to put them in the center bumper hole too. The drawback here is, the lights are toward the center of the truck, not ideal placement for fog lamps.

I have Hella 4000 fog beams mounted under a KC light bar.

Last edited: