abs/brake light/hill descent warning lights going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else had this issue?. Started it up the other day and after a few minutes of driving the dash began to go nuts chiming four times and showing the brake light, abs light and hill decent warning light with it stating to check braking system. Also when throughout these errors it won't allow me to use hill descent or off road mode. Any ideas?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ what he said. I had it happen with an abs speed sensor go bad. But no abs in the snow is a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cubiefan101

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking abs sensor too. If checked the third brake light and put rtv adhesive around the gasket already so it should be good.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Once you get it fixed (if it is abs) wrap the abs lines and get abs guards from one of our vendors (Sdhq outlaw etc)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd revive this one.

I just had a rock flip up and cut my ABS wire in half on the rear. I got all the indications previously explained in the first post. I spliced the wires back together and was wondering if there's a trick to clearing the codes? Unplug the battery? Or do I have to have a OBDII tool?

If anyone knows it would be great info. Thanks

***UPDATE***

I figured it out. I don't know how, but I started turning the traction control button on and off and it suddenly said advance trac enable and then everything worked again. It must have auto reset or I pushed the traction button enough times to reset the system.

Last edited:

JBronius

Reaction score
brake warning light frozen pedal. clears

driving 70 on pa turnpike. 2011 screw. red brake warning comes on. press brake pedal hard as rock no braking! pressed again, felt pulsations like abs. then pedal clears and pushes. normal braking. warning light stays on. got off turnpike. check all wheels and reservoir. all good no leaks. braking normal. stopped vehicle for an hour. warning light cleared on restart. ford dealer reveals no faults or abnormalities. suspect sticking vacuum assist valve which is backed up by abs. drove 500 miles since. no issues. any body experience??

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
driving 70 on pa turnpike. 2011 screw. red brake warning comes on. press brake pedal hard as rock no braking! pressed again, felt pulsations like abs. then pedal clears and pushes. normal braking. warning light stays on. got off turnpike. check all wheels and reservoir. all good no leaks. braking normal. stopped vehicle for an hour. warning light cleared on restart. ford dealer reveals no faults or abnormalities. suspect sticking vacuum assist valve which is backed up by abs. drove 500 miles since. no issues. any body experience??
Not the same driving experience, but close on low speed.
Turned out to be the wheel speed sensor. Dealer replaced under warranty. Needed to replace the whole hub.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Post a pic ofyour Raptor here:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=49261&share_fid=17668&share_type=t
Calendar contest August 17
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Vote for a pic here: vvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1010757