Anyone having tune issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets ask this question.... Can you change your tune often? Does this affect anything? I'm assuming if anything the ECU. I've had custom tunes before on my other cars but nothing I could change on the fly like the SCT tuners allows you to do. Well I did have a cobb accessport for my WRX that could tune the ECU like the SCT does.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
U can change the tune as many times u like. Nothing will go wrong just remember every time u flash a new tune in the computer needs to relearn so it may run or shift a bit odd but will smooth out. Nothing serious just some little weird things for a short while

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 Star tune is great. Over a year, never one issue. I switch quite often between 93 performance, 93 tow, and 89 performance. You will be amazed at the difference in shift points and power. There is nothing to worry about. There are many guys here who use them. Talk to Mike at 5star. He will ease your mind.:rotflmao:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction. I have the 87 perf tune, 93 tow, and 93 perf. Sorry. Difference is quite substantial from 93 to 87, but then so is the cost at the pump!

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my SCT Livewire with Chris' 5-Star tuning thru Freedom Motorsports.

It comes with 6 tunes, so I decided to go with; performance, economy, and towing tunes - all in both 87 and 93 octanes...

I expect that performance gives the best power, economy the best fuel mileage...but where does towing fall in comparison between performance and economy and at what point (meaning trailer size or weight) should I load the towing tune?

Oh, and what happens if one toggles the trailer/towing from the gear selector with either of these tunes?

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I just ordered my SCT Livewire with Chris' 5-Star tuning thru Freedom Motorsports.

It comes with 6 tunes, so I decided to go with; performance, economy, and towing tunes - all in both 87 and 93 octanes...

I expect that performance gives the best power, economy the best fuel mileage...but where does towing fall in comparison between performance and economy and at what point (meaning trailer size or weight) should I load the towing tune?

Oh, and what happens if one toggles the trailer/towing from the gear selector with either of these tunes?

I would ask Mike at 5-star. I have used the towing tune a few times now and it is great. I only use it when the trailer is loaded (covered 6x12 trailer).

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would disagree with the 93 performance and 'best' fuel economy....I run the 93 performance and here you go:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 84

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with DKFC on the towing. Really only needed when the trailer is loaded up. I have the economy, but only ran it a few times, and did not see a big improvement. At least not enough to give up the added kick in the perf tunes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free