WSI Hidden Winch Mount Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already have the SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount installed with the Recon. Do I have to take the bumper off to get the WSI Mount for the Whelen's in there? I tried to work it in there to no avail so far. Can one of you guys help me out? I couldn't find any pics on line of the mount setup, so I'm not exactly sure what it bolts to. Looks like there are stock hole available that are the right width, but the sdhq mount covers them up, so I'm guessing I have to drill throught the sdhq mount.

here you go. I have not been able to get the is write up done.
guess I have a reason now.

P3083677.jpg

P3083678.jpg

P3083686.jpg

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I obviously have the wrong mount then, because there is no way in hell it's going in there the way you have yours. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get with jimmy at wsi and try to get the right mount.
a5uqade5.jpg
razyjeja.jpg
maquma6y.jpg

It ****** me off because this email interaction took place before shipment. umy3asyd.jpg

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that may have a problem. Even if you get it behind the fair lead it looks like there will be a problem.

Yeah, the housing behind the fair lead is wider than the fair lead by at least an inch on both sideshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/
[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/zy9u4u5a.jpg14/04/20/6ymejajy.jpg[/IMG]

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He told me last week his light mount won't work with the SDHQ mount. I'll get the email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I can just drill into I the frame and mount it to there. The only problem is the light not fitting into the hole. zetanena.jpg
agurusep.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I obviously have the wrong mount then, because there is no way in hell it's going in there the way you have yours. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get with jimmy at wsi and try to get the right mount.
a5uqade5.jpg
razyjeja.jpg
maquma6y.jpg

It ****** me off because this email interaction took place before shipment. umy3asyd.jpg

Just by looking at it I'd say it looks like it's suppose to be behind that front pice.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I can just drill into I the frame and mount it to there. The only problem is the light not fitting into the hole. zetanena.jpg
agurusep.jpg

Give me a call. I might be able to help. I sent you a PM.

The SDHQ mount should be able to accommodate lights. Unless it's an older mount.

Also, by the photos, it looks like the Whelen lights will fit, but will be snug.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SDHQ had a cut out for lights, but they are vertical, designed for visionx lights per their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk