Tailgate step question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problem with those is function while tailgate is down.

I have to admit that GMC Sierra for 2014 (idea came from Chevy Avalanche) got it right with the step bumper. It can be used with the tailgate up or down. Just grab the corner steak pocket and lift yourself up.

Just my 2 cents and opinion.

mezuhapa.jpg

9y8apa4e.jpg

so you can lift your foot up 3 feet but not another 3 inches hehehaha lol chevy.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I like my step and I actually use the pole every once in a while. makes her smile

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it weren't for that step, I wouldn't be able to get into the truck bed without a ladder...

:idiot:

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The step is well worth having.

I have had it on my last few f-150's, and have used it a bunch. I've never had an issue with it rattling by the way.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our set up is much better than GMs IMO. I load square bales of hay in mine all the time and that step is money. GM would have put the step on if Ford didn't do it first I bet. The GMs might be good at grabbing something out of the bed, but our's is way more functional for getting into the bed.....

Cayman150

Reaction score
Add tailgate step as a mod afterwards?

My Raptor SC did not come with the tailgate step option and I would like to add this feature. Would I have to replace the entire tailgate or is there a list of parts that I could purchase to add this feature?

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor SC did not come with the tailgate step option and I would like to add this feature. Would I have to replace the entire tailgate or is there a list of parts that I could purchase to add this feature?

Cayman, pretty sure you'd be looking at a new tailgate, but not really sure. I've had the step on my last 4 F-150's and it's great, much better (IMO) than the other brands cut out. You should make this it's own post and may get a better response than it being buried in this older thread...

Cayman150

Reaction score
Cayman, pretty sure you'd be looking at a new tailgate, but not really sure. I've had the step on my last 4 F-150's and it's great, much better (IMO) than the other brands cut out. You should make this it's own post and may get a better response than it being buried in this older thread...

Yeah thanks, that's what I've been thinking too based on further research.
I don't live in the USA so after the cost of the tailgate, painting it Blue Flame and shipping something that large and heavy it probably wouldn't be worth it unless it was a really great price.

I was hoping I could ship a few smaller parts to my brothers house in Florida and put them in my suitcase on my next trip!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies not paying attention this AM, old thread, please ignore, need more coffee!!

Last edited: