RADFLO Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajthaml123

Reaction score
I have done a lot of reading since I bought 13 raptor. It appears that if the front end is lifted more than 1" the front end has pre-mature wear at an expo sited rate. This would be with leveling kit, fox 3.0 or king 3.0 that lift the truck 2" in the front. From what I've red our trucks are maxed out for the front end geometry to function properly.

Here is the question RADFLO makes a true 2.5 remote reservoir shock that will only lift the front end a 1/4 to 1/2 from stock height. They are also 1/2 the cost of the fox and king 3.0 that everyone seems to be having front end problems with. Has anyone used them? Please advise.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People are having front end premature wear problems with 3.0s? When did this start? Going to mid perch lifts the front end more than an inch and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with that, and I guarantee mid perch is cheaper than new shocks that only lift your truck half an inch and probably don't have 1/10th the development and tuning time invested in them

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He might be referring to front drive axle and IWE wear.

The aftermarket shocks, fox, icon, king are adjustable. You can maintain stock ride hight if you wish. How ever, most run them set higher.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't seem to find difinitive information that if you do the mid perch you are guaranteed to increase parts wear. Have I missed something or is this still just supposition?

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will have more wear even on mid perch versus totally stock... But more wear means at 50k to 100k miles expect front CV issues... Of course it is dependent on your use of 4 wd and how much you use it on hard pavement. Its only going to wear if the 4wd is engaged.. If you never use 4wd then expect no wear no matter what lift you use..

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why '10s and 11's rule...don't have this issue. :licklips:

Ace_3a2736_466627.gif

OP
OP
cajthaml123

cajthaml123

Reaction score
Read the three sticky's under suspension. Everyone claims that lifting the truck more than 1" will cause front end problems due to increases geometry of the front end drive trane. I've never heard or seen 2" do this to a truck my post was just to see if anyone has bought the RADFLO shocks as they are almost the same as the stock height and will allow the geometry of the front end to remain almost the same as stock. I was told it will only lift the truck 1/4"

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't think you'll find any benefit from downgrading the quality of your shocks, nor will you visually see much of a difference from stock ride height, definitely not enough to justify purchasing new shocks, but that's still just my opinion