Best bang for my buck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrpbu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post. Put this in the general category to try and get the most responses possible. I have a new Raptor that is due in to the dealer at the end of the month. I have the option of doing some mods to it at that time and rolling the cost into my overall financing, which in turn is paid for out of a car allowance at work (so basically 1/2 price or so). I was considering adding a Stage 3 RPG kit as well as doing the mid perch modification but wanted some input and/or opinions from the members who have had either or both of these done. Everyone says that these both improve the ride quality as well as protect the frame, etc. Thoughts, opinions, ideas? Thanks in advance!

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your company got you a Raptor! Where do I send my resume?
Get some 35s and Methods while you're at it.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you decide on mid perch at the dealer, you need to understand if they know how to do it.

Also, how will the truck be used? Are you bombing through a construction site or taking clients to the airport?

If it the construction site, get some aftermarket springs.

If it's on road, mid perch and some new wheels. Maybe a new intake and a tuner.

Let up know the purpose of the truck and we can help.

Also, make sure you trust the dealer to work on it. A lot of dealers refuse / don't know how to do a mid perch.

Good luck and be sure to post some photos when your done.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
J

jrpbu

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far. Truck will mostly be a daily driver, but I do go out to the ranch a lot, as well as lots of hunting, etc, so the truck will see plenty of non pavement areas. Who knows, I may start going on Raptor runs in the future.

As far as the technician, I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet, but read plenty of the how to threads for the mid perch, and it doesn't look that hard, right? The dealership has an aftermarket shop that does plenty of lifts, etc on other trucks, so I figured they could do it without too much of an issue.

I mostly just wanted to know how much different/better the rise would be and if these were worth messing with, or if I should just drive stock for a while. I can always go back in 6 months and do these later. Thanks again!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2¢,

Rear springs (an absolute must do), mid perch and then shocks or a RPG kit.

In that order!!!

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like to wait a few months to get a feel for the stock setup, then when I mod something I know if it was an improvement or not. But that's just me and how I do things.