6.2 Borla Vs Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Borla S

prior to my headers it has a nice sound on startup and good sound at WOT, but in cruising around town and highway driving there is no drone.

I do like that it doesn't run Y pipes coming off the cannister, which I think the Corsa does.

What does it sound like now with the headers? Is it much louder? I am wanting to go with the American Racing Headers in the next few months.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We use Corsa on most of our builds. Corsa is loud when your on the gas but not while cruising. Another reason I would say Corsa is that they do not drone. If you would like to order one PM me your information so I can send you a quote.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the borla touring catback. It is a tad bit louder than stock with no drone. I think it sounds amazing with the deeper rumble. Either way, they are both really good products. Good Luck.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have someone in town install your headers or did you do it yourself?

I love your Garages. Very Cool my friend.

thanks, I waited 25 years to get those garages, I spend every spare minute in them. Wife thinks I'm crazy, I'll sit out there on my stool watching racing having a beer being surrounded by cars. Best sunday afternoon ever.

as far as the headers I had Rock and Roll OffRoad do it. They are PITA if you have the Stage IV+ RPG setup. If you're stock suspension it's easier as there is more room to work.

they did a great job on getting them installed, the one thing I will warn you about is pay special attention to the O2 sensors. When mine were pulled the passenger side upstream sensor got dinged and a small crack that nobody noticed which has caused me about 3 weeks of pain trying to get past emissions. Finally figured it out today, replaced it and passed emissions.

Jared, Ryan and Adam do great work, and you'll love the headers (warning though, they are LOUD)

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, I waited 25 years to get those garages, I spend every spare minute in them. Wife thinks I'm crazy, I'll sit out there on my stool watching racing having a beer being surrounded by cars. Best sunday afternoon ever.

as far as the headers I had Rock and Roll OffRoad do it. They are PITA if you have the Stage IV+ RPG setup. If you're stock suspension it's easier as there is more room to work.

they did a great job on getting them installed, the one thing I will warn you about is pay special attention to the O2 sensors. When mine were pulled the passenger side upstream sensor got dinged and a small crack that nobody noticed which has caused me about 3 weeks of pain trying to get past emissions. Finally figured it out today, replaced it and passed emissions.

Jared, Ryan and Adam do great work, and you'll love the headers (warning though, they are LOUD)

thats the only thing that concerns me about getting them. I have customers in my truck all the time. I really cant afford to have it super loud. For personal satisfaction i love the sound they help make combined with the catback. This is a tougher decision than i thought it would be in relation to headers. So sorry to threadjack.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Custom Borla setup and love it. loud when you step on it and no drone while cruising. Click the link in my sig if you want to hear it.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats the only thing that concerns me about getting them. I have customers in my truck all the time. I really cant afford to have it super loud. For personal satisfaction i love the sound they help make combined with the catback. This is a tougher decision than i thought it would be in relation to headers. So sorry to threadjack.

to give you an idea of the sound. windows up 1/2 throttle onto the highway I have to tell people I have on BT call to hang on before they can hear me again.

at normal cruising it's livable, not quiet but livable. On startup you will scare the hell out of people outside the truck every single time. At WOT you cannot hold a conversation.