Hydro dipped my 2011 dash panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393353759.598574.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393353792.330677.jpg

Right below the weird storage space. Gonna are it to the dealer and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I have not seen that before. I thought those were just that color plastic all the way through, but it appears that they're painted.

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
[---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Looks good. I want to do a carbon fiber look. Your center console looks badass too!
I've done the Gold Weave CF on my grill and under the hood, wanted to get a little crazy on the interior. I can do CF for you if you are seriously wanting your interior customized.

Center console was done by:Raptor Embroidery aka Raptor_Al_41. Check him out in this Forum.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

mind linking the youtube you used? I would like to get my dash wrapped to get rid of the chrome and this stupid area that has started cracking and flaking. might be getting the dealer to give me a new piece under warranty first.
Don't have the links saved anymore but simply search; Ford F150 dash panel removal or stereo replacement or Lock Pick install F150 on You Tube. Got all my pointers from those searches.

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you remove or mask off the little storage compartment on the passenger side of the center stack? On my truck that compartment is mounted with plastic studs that are melted down to semi-permanently attach it to the back of the trim panel.

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
How did you remove or mask off the little storage compartment on the passenger side of the center stack? On my truck that compartment is mounted with plastic studs that are melted down to semi-permanently attach it to the back of the trim panel.
Since I used the factory color of the panels I only had to scuff the surface with scratch pad, I simply taped over the opening along the edge of the inner compartment, if I had to paint it I would have cut and melted the plastic tabs until the compartment part separated. Then reattach it by plastic welding using an old solder gun. Here is a pic with the compartment still taped and ready for clear coat

Attachments

• 20140220_175225.jpg
    20140220_175225.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Hey man, you not to far from, what would something like this cost? And how long does it take, do u do this while I wait? Any other pictures of other styles?

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
Hey man, you not to far from, what would something like this cost? And how long does it take, do u do this while I wait? Any other pictures of other styles?
Pricing you can figure about 35¢ sq in, preparation is same as painting a part, you'll have degreasing, sanding, taping, base color coat, drying time, prep for dipping, then drying time, prep for clear coat, then drying time. At least 3 to 4 days to complete. My website is coming soon but,
Check out : https://www.facebook.com/bwhydrografx

Hundreds of patterns are available form Carbon Fiber, Camo, Skulls and wood grain to name a few