Rear 2in flare mod for stock bedside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been waiting for a chance to try out a idea i have had for a while. Making cut out flares for the rear to match front fiberglass fenders. These are stock rear flares with 2 inches cut out. The bed gets modified but does not need to be repainted and the flare snaps back in to the factory holes then bolted around the inside. The bed side can also be flared slightly at the same time. The flares in the pics are not finished but it shows how it looks with a stock bedside thats been modified. We are working on the flare making process.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 406

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What exactly was done? If I understand right you cut the metal bedsides 2 inches and somehow modified the factory flares?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I am understanding properly you modify bedsides and bolt in aftermarket flares into the stock holes to give 2 more inches of clearance to match front aftermarket glass? Cool idea especially if you don't have to repaint!

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stock flares are modified by cutting 2 in out of them and they are welded back together. The bed gets cut all the way around the pinch weld, sliced every 4 inches and bent back to create a new lip 2 inches higher all the way around. The stock support is completely cut out just like when u do complete bed sides. The modified flare then goes back in just like factory. More pics as I perfect the process. The pics show both the bedside modified and the flare in the process of being put back together. I am searching to see if anyone will make the flares for us but reusing the stock flares is still an option. This just shows what it will look like.

Dave Venti

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still on the truck. You would not want to remove just to do this simple mode

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup bedsides stay on the truck. I will post the pics of the cut and bend procedure soon. It's very simple.

Dave Venti