Fox's with DSC vs Icon's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
Had both as you know, preferred the fox's by far.
If you go with the dsc, get them to valve them so that all adjustment on the dsc gives less compression, rather than more.
As in, adjusters to full compression gives fox's recommended valving.

Yea I will be ordering the shocks with the DSC, I'm guessing fox will have them valved softer then the none DSC shocks, other wise the adjustments would be useless, don't need to be super soft but I was thinking the standard valving should be in the middle of the adjustment range to have softer and stiffer if needed.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are getting a high speed wobble induced by ruts, you may want to look around and see what else is worn or broken.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
If you are getting a high speed wobble induced by ruts, you may want to look around and see what else is worn or broken.

Iv been through everything many times other then pulling shocks off and checking them, it's not caused by ruts it can be a small bump or dip in the road, suspension becomes unsettled and just rebound on spring it only at high speed nearing 100mph will on it, back out of it and it quits get on it and ur good again till it becomes unsettled again.

Shiny

Reaction score
Hi I know this is a relatively old thread. And sorry that this came out to be a long response. :smile::smile:
For the record I did not get my raptor yet, I have a 05 Scrow with a Icone 2.5 Front, 2.0 Rear, and TC upper arms. And it rides and handles much better than my brothers 2014 FX4.
I know a shop hear that belts a lot of varies vehicles (Trophy Trucks, Rally Trucks …). He did build a few Raptors.
He did the Icon King Fox & his own Fox Tune. From the feedback of the owners and his own:
1) Kings is better than OEM but not the best.
2) I cone are hard on road but shines when posed hared off road.
3) Fox is better on road but not as composed as Icon at high speeds.
4) Fox with his own tune, Still good on road and as good as Icon off road.
Please note that this is as pear others input, and the only person to have sampled them all is the owner of the shop and the people how work for him. But he is a strait forward man. He sell Fox, Icon, King, & Radflo. So he is not byes to any brand because he sell all of them, he will recommend to you what is suitable to your driving style. I have seen him trying to convince customers out of over doing thing because it is too much for their driving style (EX. Going with linked rears with 2 shocks pear corner with bump stops …).
When I get my raptor, and it is time to upgrade the shocks, I am going with Fox with the custom tune and TC Upper & lower front control arms. I like the Fox because they are bypass.
Hope this helps.
PS: The custom tune is for desert terrain, That is the dominating terrain hear in the UAE.