New '13 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atl fahrer

Reaction score
So, first post. I finally pulled the trigger and traded my F250 V10 King Ranch for a 2013 Raptor. Gonna miss the big truck, but, just don't have a need for the brute anymore.

I had not even considered the Raptor until I traveled with a friend to Arkansas for duck hunting after Christmas. Yes the gas mileage is horrendous, but, coming from the V10, I've learned not worry about the gas and just enjoy the ride :) What impressed me the most was the smooth highway ride and its off-road capability.

I have a couple of quick questions - 1. The low tire pressure light came on about 15 miles after the purchase and I can't get it to go out. Checked the tire pressure in all four tires and pumped them up to 48psi (all were around 44psi). Then thought that it might be the spare. Although it was fine, pumped it up to 48psi. I know that this is a little high, but, the sidewall says the tire can handle 50psi under max load so I think I'll be ok. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? 2. What does everyone have for a wheel on their spare? Mine is the standard Raptor Wheel. Is that normal to have a spare wheel that is different from the bead locks?

Thanks in advance for the help! ...and I know, no pics and it never happened.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello and congrats. The recommendation from Ford is 44psi. There might be a bad tpms. You could try disconnecting the battery and seeing if it resets. Otherwise I'd turn back around and let the dealer fix it.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensors should not be coming on unless a tire is dropping below 38-40 PSI. Probably a bad sensor, take to the dealer if it doesn't turn off.

OP
OP
A

atl fahrer

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Took the truck back to the dealer today and they reset the system. All is well.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird they gave you a standard wheel when yours came with beadlocks.. Then again, mine didn't. I would think the spare would be beadlocks too...

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck should have came with a Beadlock rim spare. Even though I knew what I had you had me doubting myself for a second so I just went out to the garage and checked before I posted. I remember reading that somewhere when I was still researching my truck before I ordered. I don't remember where but I thought it was on the Ford website among other places.
I would check with the dealer on that one. You should have the beadlock rim spare if you ordered the beadlock rim option.
Welcome aboard by the way!!

Last edited:

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Welcome! Our 13 came with beadlocks and beadlock spare. We also were able to purchase a second beadlock spare. I'd head back to the dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk