LED Tag Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
977271_10100525775703324_132022645_o.jpg

this is what those black Rupse ones look like, for anyone wondering

I have these also and they work fine. Use the white ones. LED's are what everyone uses now. Even the manufactures. incandescent is stone age now.
Cops want to see your license plate. The led's are the best way to see them.
I used nut certs and installed in the bumper just like RPG does. it is the best way to go. I don't think the rear facing light is necessary but to each their own. I would use Red for brake light if I were to do it.
My .02 worth.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these also and they work fine. Use the white ones. LED's are what everyone uses now. Even the manufactures. incandescent is stone age now.
Cops want to see your license plate. The led's are the best way to see them.
I used nut certs and installed in the bumper just like RPG does. it is the best way to go. I don't think the rear facing light is necessary but to each their own. I would use Red for brake light if I were to do it.
My .02 worth.

just bought a 2014 corvette and all the lights are LED except the license plate light which is incandescent.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Easy cheap way to do it with out drawing alot of attention would be to use a thick license plate bracket and mount the strip to the bracket. I'd use a cool white LED.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ GM - where every day walking around common sense is a laughable anachronism.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I've spoke with officers in the past and when people have the license plate LED lights they become more targets than anything.

I can't help but wonder why that is so, especially these days.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ GM - where every day walking around common sense is a laughable anachronism.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I can't help but wonder why that is so, especially these days.

not sure, this was one of the officers where I was bsing and showing stuff off to at where my father teaches and he was telling me some tell tales they look for etc... and that was one I actually remembered.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the officer was getting at it's just to easy to run plats. I think it's the fist thing a cop is train to do is read plats. its just as bad to have a too easy to read plat as have one to hard to read. I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the officer was getting at it's just to easy to run plats. I think it's the fist thing a cop is train to do is read plats. its just as bad to have a too easy to read plat as have one to hard to read. I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

sounds legit. I'll buy that :licklips: lol

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If an issue like Double AA stated, how do you purpose I achieve non LED with this bumper?

image_zpse58237bc.jpg

image_zpsd1c9803a.jpg
(Pat's bumper)

It's design is intended to use LED lighting.

I appreciate y'all's input & time.

For that bumper maybe you could run a led strip at the bottom of the license plate that lights it up from the bottom but also the strip would be hidden from view unless you were looking down at the top of the bumper

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones that I have work well. If anyone who had them and thought that the light was to bright I wonder if you were to use tinting spray to make it darker, it should work. This is the cleanest looking way to install license plate lighting in my opinion.