LED Tag Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've spoke with officers in the past and when people have the license plate LED lights they become more targets than anything.

What would you suggest? Keep in mind I won't have any license plate lighting AT ALL for Snoball if I don't do something immediately. Guess I could tape a flashlight above the plate if a decision isn't made soon.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just go with a white light on the plate whether it's led or not.

If an issue like Double AA stated, how do you purpose I achieve non LED with this bumper?

image_zpse58237bc.jpg

image_zpsd1c9803a.jpg
(Pat's bumper)

It's design is intended to use LED lighting.

I appreciate y'all's input & time.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think LED is ok just don't use colored LED use white. so to keep the cop's at bay not giving them a excuse to pull you over for colored lights on your license plate use white.

I think that is what double AA was getting at to not use colored LED's but white is ok

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Use white LED and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In a PM they (Double AA) did reinforce my original thoughts, that they were suggesting incandescent type bulbs. However, I'm not sure on an easy, quick way to go about that.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about a led side emitting strip with warm white leds. That should give it the color of an incandescent.....

To be honest with u I dont see much of an issue with led bulbs tho. I have been running them in my raptor since day 2 and I ran them in my last truck for 6 years and I have been rarely pulled over. When I did get yanked I was doing something obviously wrong/stupid and was pulled over for it and my plate lights were never mentioned. I guess what I'm saying is I really wouldn't stress over the led vs incandescent choice too much

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
977271_10100525775703324_132022645_o.jpg

this is what those black Rupse ones look like, for anyone wondering