Interest in Beadlock Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American Eagle/Eagle Alloys is considering getting more involved in the off-road scene. Are any of you are into off-road racing whether with your Raptors or with your other toys?

How many of you would be interested in bead-lock wheels?

-Full blown heavy-duty bead-lock wheels for most applications or
-Dual purpose Bead-lock wheel (can run as a normal street wheel/tire then move tire bead to the outside of the flange and attach bead-lock ring to clamp the bead for off-road use.)

We're working on designing a true bead-lock wheel that will be race-ready and 100% made in the USA.

Let us know what you guys think!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds interesting... if you're going to do a bead lock wheel do a full blown bead lock its way to much work to have to switch back and forth with a dual purpose plus i think it would hinder the or have an affect on the strength. you're gonna get most people on here saying that make it cheap and all but a very well designed and made bead lock idn't going to be cheap unless you found a way to do so then shit im ALL IN! ive been wanting an extra set of wheels an tires for off road use and they would of course be bead locks so im looking forward to what you guys are gonna come up with!!

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why a dual-purpose wheel couldn't be heavy duty... I would say go that route just because of the marketing advantage it will give you for little added cost.

The reality of course being that most people will probably leave it in the beadlock configuration because it's not exactly an easy job to chop and change... but... you've given the customer a DOT-compliant option.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not make one that's approved for on road and off-road use. I know I have the optional beadlock capable wheels from Ford and the only thing that has prevented me from attaching the rings is the off-road only stamped on them (and the potential liability if something bizarre were to happen). There are some beadlock wheels that have the DOT blessing for on or off-road correct?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not make one that's approved for on road and off-road use. I know I have the optional beadlock capable wheels from Ford and the only thing that has prevented me from attaching the rings is the off-road only stamped on them (and the potential liability if something bizarre were to happen). There are some beadlock wheels that have the DOT blessing for on or off-road correct?

Hutchinson and TR are two that are DOT approved, owners of beadlocks such as Ford Racing ones are not going to be changing the lock ring back and forth making them offroad ready then back to DOT compliant, its too much work and will quickly weaken the wheels.

OP
OP
EagleOffroad

EagleOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one of the reasons we were thinking of avoiding the dual purpose wheel, strength is not compromised by the design but realistically it's a JOB to switch the bead over before going off-road then switching back before getting on the road again. I can't spill too much information but we do have some designs and we have been working with people in the industry for some time now so we know we can built a product that will perform. I will keep you guys updated. How many of you are into the Trophy truck racing and Jeep events in the South West areas?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome!! Hell yea who isn't into desert racing haha I grew up around desert racing and love it! One of these days I'll start my racing career!

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in a beadlock, but it has to work, and look good.