KC formally introduces the start of our family of LED Lighting Technology Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KC offers Amber stone guards that are OK to use with the lights

Accessories « Light Covers Stone Guards « Shield 3 C3 Led Acrylic Amber « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches

With LEDs running cooler, I wonder if you could just apply this. That was my thought if I get an LED bar.

Amber Colored Window Film

I also think they make higher temp versions the might work with HIDs / Halogens.

What would be really cool is if KC could work with a company that develops windshield and visor tearaways. That way if snow, ice, dirty get on the light, you can make a quick clean by tearing off the top layer of film.

Hella has had this available for a while and works with HID / Halogeans
http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/upgrades-and-accessories/color-shieldz/

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome! Unfortunately, anytime u add covers, u are stealing usable lumens and the amber becomes hyper yellow. I guess what I'm asking is, will KC have amber LED diodes integrated bars without having to use covers?
It be really kewl to see a company introduce dual colors that way we can have a one lightbar stop. If it can have dual switches, Wahoooo!! I'll spend the cash
I think KC would set the bar high! LITERALLY!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome! Unfortunately, anytime u add covers, u are stealing usable lumens and the amber becomes hyper yellow. I guess what I'm asking is, will KC have amber LED diodes integrated bars without having to use covers?
It be really kewl to see a company introduce dual colors that way we can have a one lightbar stop. If it can have dual switches, Wahoooo!! I'll spend the cash
I think KC would set the bar high! LITERALLY!

I have an LED whip that fades between 7 different colors. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented into an LED bar? Would be great to run what ever color you wanted. I know I'd upgrade!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take away from KC in their vendor post.

Whelen offers amber options.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

How the hell can you feel good about talking about another company, a COMPETITOR to KC, IN THEIR OWN SUPPORTING VENDOR FORUM?

Do you go into the Chevy dealer and customers they should go to the Ford dealership?

Do people go to your company's place of business and tell your customers to go to a competitor?

It's ******** like this that demonstrates common decency is no longer part of our society's fabric.

Note: I'm sure you don't think there's anything wrong with it. And I'll bet you'll defend yourself telling us how you're "not trying to take anything away from KC in their vendor post." Oh wait, you already did that :rolleyes:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an LED whip that fades between 7 different colors. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented into an LED bar? Would be great to run what ever color you wanted. I know I'd upgrade!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

I don't think the technology is their yet for high power LED's that you would use for offroad lighting. It's becoming more and more common in decorative led lighting, but none of the high power diodes can do it, YET. Or at least not at any reasonable cost, there's probably one manufacturer somewhere that has one, but it probably costs a fortune at this point. I'd be willing to bet that it is on the horizon and closer than we think though.