Tuning and shifting behaviour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midmaik

Reaction score
I put a 91octane perfomance 5star tune on my 2012 raptor, so far so nice

but when i push down my gas pedal, the truck shifts from the second to the third gear with a very harsh shifting point (feels like jumping), but only from the second to the third gear.

is that normal ???

it doesn't happen when i accelerate the truck in a moderate way.

thanks

maik

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had any problem like this with my tune from mike did you try to return to stock them load the tune again. If that doesn't work id contact mike about it

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put some time and miles on it. It may work itself out as its still learning. If it doesn't get better then give mike a call

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Load the tune again. It's not necessary to return to stock, just upload the same tune and rewrite the tune file. It's possible that the initial tune upload contains some gremlins. It can happen with all tuning devices, on all vehicles.

OP
OP
M

midmaik

Reaction score
Another weird thing is, when the engine is cold and i'm driving in a moderate way, I feel the same jump effect from the 2nd to the 3rd gear, it goes away when the engine gets its operating temperature.

but the heavy jump effect during heavy acceleration is still there.

I called Mike and he said put more miles on it and wait what happens.

I will do that and I will do reloading the tune as well.

Thanks for your answers !